Unable to call 1-800 or 1-877 numbers
Verizon_sk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Google 6 pro unable to call 1-800 or 1-877 numbers. My connection is spotty so when someone calls from 1800 it goes straight to voicemail. It is annoying I cannot do any communication with 1800 numbers

Labels (1)
45 Replies
L_Scott

My husband and I are both unable to make outgoing toll-free calls, with or without dialing the 1 before the prefix. It started three days ago (that I'm aware of - I don't often make (800) calls so it could have been earlier than that). We have iPhones that are one year old with updated software, SIM cards, and no call blocking settings. We live in a dense suburban area of a large city, so coverage should not be an issue. Since there are so many posts about this from people with so many different brands/ages of phones, this is clearly a problem on Verizon's part and is a serious issue since customer service for Verizon as well as many other companies are completely inaccessible. Please fix and advise promptly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

L_Scott, thank you for reaching out to us about the calling issues you have been experincing. I will send you a Private Note so we can discuss this. 

*Jose

0 Likes
muralimech

I am not able to dial any 18** numbers including Verizon's customer call. 

Very pathetical experience. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the inconvenience and I'm here to help. Where are you currently located? When did the problem begin?  -Yani

0 Likes
cpruss805
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having this same issue for about 6 weeks now. Either the air is just dead or I get a "Verizon message , this number has been changed " I cannot call 800 or 866 numbers successfully 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning! We would love to help! Can you please elaborate more? When did this issue start? Does this occur with all numbers or only particular numbers? ~Rachel

0 Likes
429cobraman

same with me....   just tried to call a 1(800) number and was told the call could not be completed as dialed ...  I have a Pixel 4 and am at 91361 zip code.  So annoying....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there! We always want you to be able to complete your calls. Please send us a Private Note, so we can investigate further.

*Anna

0 Likes
cpruss805
Enthusiast - Level 1

One interesting thing I noticed is that when attempting these calls, I'll have 5G service,  then it drops to 4G, then just an X for cell service as the call doesn't go through 

0 Likes
L_Scott

Also already tried power cycling,.

0 Likes
VCustomerloyalty
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon seems to be totally ineffective in answering peoples questions about the inability of some to dial 800 prefix numbers from their phones.  After having my device evaluated by the carrier, and all bills paid and no sim card needed and no call filters in place, just today I have been unable to dial any 800 numbers.  I cannot even reach Verizon.  I had to use a landline to call and the technician has to text the actual tech services people and we had to volley back and forth getting messages from tech services that its the phone, its a setting (they never mention which setting it could possibly be in this case) and Oh, yes, it has to be your garage door to your house causing the issues.  Oh, yes and finally, when they cannot find an issue with you, your bills or your device it just has to be because you have outdated software.  I have an up to date phone, laptop, and a iPhone 12 Max with an active and properly working SIM CARD.  I have already taken the phone to Apple (physically) and had a local Verizon tech look at it so I am stating now: It is a net work problem Verizon (by the way, there are no known outages in the area).  Handle that one.  It is something with Verizon and i will expect compensation for the time that this problem persists.  You are not the cheapest service in town and I expect more.  You love to send texts and emails because its just too expensive to have a person contact customers.  You don't have any problem charging out the A** for your service but when it comes to us individually, we the customers, are just numbers.  We do not matter and your actions speak much louder than your words in texts.  Customers, whenever you have a problem, see just how hard it is to get a live person from this company!  Its almost impossible but they will process your payment yesterday and without a hitch!  Trust that!

RNCommunity
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the exact same issue on my iPhone 12 mini. After a lot of ineffective help over chat (since I cannot call *611 or 877 or 800 numbers, I walked into the Verizon Store and Maria, the store person, said this sounds like a SIM issue. Replaced my SIM with a new one and it all worked. 
Thank you Maria. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad to hear that! Let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you. Have a wonderful weekend!

*Haley

0 Likes
DLMad

Hard to replaced your sim when everything has switched to esim now.  I am having the same problems, zip code 35756.  Also need to call the bank for some suspicious activity for them to turn my credit card back on, and can't get through.  I need to call 1-800 numbers.. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to know about this situation, we want to make sure you get the service you deserve, please send us a private note to further assist you.

>Jorge

0 Likes
keenkong
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem on my phone and I have no idea what the issue could be. Sounds like it's completely on Verizon's side. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Keenkong. Thank you for making us aware of this issue. Have you perhaps chosen settings that automatically ignore calls from unknown contacts or contacts that have not been saved in the device? If not, please feel free to send us a Private Note, so we can look into this further.
*Celeste

0 Likes
Rk27

No Verizon. We can't CALL a 1 800 number 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rk27, what happens when you try to dial an 800 number? How long has this been happening? 

-Vanessa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon_sk, we apologize for the issues you are having when you make a call to an 800 or 877 number. We will be pleased to help you resolve this issue. When did the issue begin?

Is your software up to date? Pixel 6 Pro - View software. https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-240149/

-Jacob