Unlocking device
mcdeezy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a pixel 4 on Verizon that I purchased in October. I have since paid off said Pixel 4. Verizon keeps telling me it's unlocked but whenever I insert an active T-Mobile or AT&T sim a notification pops up saying unsupported sim contact Verizon, I have always been current on the bill and I know mg phone is compatible with T-Mobile or Google Fi. Please help unlock my device that I've paid off

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlocking device
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

Your phone should be unlocked on the 61st day after the date of purchase (or activation, depending on the circumstances), unless Verizon Wireless deems it to have been associated with criminal activities (e.g.: fraud) or you have reported it as lost or stolen.

0 Likes
mcdeezy12

No it did not solve my problem. There is obviously something keeping my phone from being used on another carrier. I've filed a report with the FCC since Verizon is just refusing to help me fix my problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcdeezy12 , we always want you to have a phone that works & we are here to help. We do need to collect a few pieces of account-specific information to assist further that cannot be provided here in a public post for your personal & account security. I've sent you a Private Note. Please respond to our Private Note to continue. Thanks! AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
pkc415
Enthusiast - Level 3

I paid in full for the pixel 4xl in October last year & Verizon confirmed it's already unlocked since December last year. Since then, I have tried T-Mobile, AT&T & prepaid SIM card from overseas and none of them work! Always get SIM card not supported msg.

I have conference called Verizon & Google techs numerous times & no luck, they just blame on each other. So I don't know where to go from here......so frustrating!

0 Likes
pkc415
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please read below:

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/23287873?hl=en&msgid=47430926

I expect same resolution. Thank you.

0 Likes
jaspal1020

I have purchase the phone, fully paid and its over 61 days. please unlock it

thanks

0 Likes
auntieglo

I need to unlock my device because I am changing carriers.  Spectrum will be almost $40 less per month 

0 Likes
jancheta
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought 2 iphone 13 and paid the devices in full and I submitted requests for them to be unlocked but was denied. I was told I have to wait 60 days but the emails I received states "

If you purchased your device as a part of a monthly payment agreement, you have the option of paying the remaining balance off from a Verizon Retail Store and resubmitting the unlock request prior to the scheduled unlock date." 

Why would Verizon make these statements if it's going to abide by it. The phones are fully paid from the point of sale. I filed a FCC complaint already. It would be just easy for all of Verizon just unlock the phones. Need help

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes