Re: Verizon Delaying Shipment by a month? Pixel XL
GrumpyWarner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Desktop website. The app doesn't have a projected time.

SAWINDEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon customer service is so dismal,  you have to call or LiveChat for them to tell you that you won't be getting your order on the date promised.

When I called,  they couldn't tell me if they had shipped ANY 128gb Pixel XL,  nor could they tell me if the new date of 12/26 would hold.

Is this a Google issue (no supply) or a Verizon issue?   Who knows.   They did charge me the interest on my new phone,  pretty nice of them to charge me for a product they can't deliver.

I may cancel my order and drop Verizon altogether.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Do what you gotta do.

0 Likes
SOLO99G

Got a similar email a while back with an 11/23 ship date for my Note 7 replacement devices.  One device was a S7 Edge, the other the Pixel XL.  I suppose my only take is that recall customers who purchased flagship devices should have been handled with some sense of priority, but those, I suppose are the breaks.  I think at this point just being kept informed on these delays would be something.  It's the lack of information after having waited for over a month that stinks Smiley Sad

0 Likes
VALGOM16

Ordered on Oct 22 to replace my Note 7. Original ship date 12/2 now delayed until 1/13! What is Verizon going to do for its customers for this delay and poor customer servuce.? Especially since I got the email at 7pm the day the order was supposed to ship

0 Likes
RogerSC
Contributor - Level 1

Seems to me that Google isn't used to manufacturing or selling a high demand, popular phone. They're really blowing it with customers. I was thinking about getting a Pixel, but ended up getting an Apple refurbished iPhone 6s plus for various reasons. One of which was saving over $200 over the Pixel XL *smile*. Now I'm really glad that I did, the iPhone came in less than a week, and no telling when I would get the Pixel. I was totally satisfied with the Nexus 6P that I got from Google (not a popular phone), but no WiFi calling for the Nexus on Verizon, so I went with the iPhone instead. I still may get a Pixel at some point, but glad I'm not in the wait line for one at the moment.

Good luck, folks. Maybe Google will do better with the Pixel 2, one can hope.

0 Likes
GrumpyWarner
Enthusiast - Level 2

New shipping date 1/13. 11/18 to 12/26 now to 1/13...

0 Likes
ROGJAC74

Atleast some of you are getting notifications from verizon. I have received none. Just periodically check my order status. Ordered 10/18. First ship date 11/17. After that date passed and I was assured my phone had shipped, The verizon rep I spoke to said it shipped the order just hasn't updated yet. so they lied. My phone didn't ship. In fact my ship date changed to 12/26. Magically again my date changed to 1/13. Still no notice from verizon. And I'm sure no discount  no apologies no concern for the loyal customers. But please pay almost $1000 for a phone you might receive before next Christmas. Good luck to everyone

0 Likes
prplrush
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got no notice either, but called in to check, and the first thing the automated system told me that my order will ship out Jan 13th. Yay.......at this point, they'll keep pushing that date out further and further, likely until some better phone comes out lol.....i can see the masses cancelling orders to get in on a new one lol

0 Likes
kcarman

Ordered October 16th, was just notified my order was cancelled for some mysterious reason. Verizon has done nothing but give me the run around. I will be switching service providers.

0 Likes