Re: What does Data service is blocked, Voice service is blocked mean?
deloused
Master - Level 3

That notification will occur in Android to make the user aware when an application with phone service access is running, but not able to utilize the current connection due to restrictions/blocks or compatibility issues.

The specific app/setting in question can vary quite a bit so you'll want to look into yours based on what you have set up, but to give an idea of some examples that can cause that notification-

1) Communication Apps such as Google voice, Hangouts, Messages+ or Skype which use voice/data services to operate may be blocked due to settings in those apps, data/restriction/battery saver settings in your device, or due to the network (cellular/wifi) the phone is accessing at the time of the notification if the network is not compatible with the service function in question like a non Volte network, weak signal or unsecured.

2) The advanced(wifi) calling setting in your phone may not match the settings in your Verizon account.

3) In some fringe areas the phone may connect to a non-preffered cellular network (even for just a moment as it scans) which can be used for emergency calling but may not allow for regular voice/data services.

4) It's possible that it could be a SIM card issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Normmm22, we definitely want you to have your services back. Thank you for assisting us today as well, Juan. The message you received could be caused by a block directly in your account. By any chance do you have Family Base? Have any changes been made to your My Verizon account?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this! 

0 Likes
Normmm22

Deloused, thank you for the response. It has been the most helpful so far. I suspect my issue might be related to suggestion 1. I suspect a messaging app I use may have sent the message due to a weak signal.  If that is the case, it would be nice if the app referenced itself in the notification. But that's not a Verizon issue. 

However, if a weak signal is the problem, I suppose suggestion 3 could also be the issue.  I'll try to notice the next time I receive the notification what network I'm on.

0 Likes