Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2.2.4 out for months...
smilidon

When will Verizon officially release 2.2.4 so we can use our Touchpads properly? I work within HP tech support and we sent you the data 8 months ago. There has been enough time for users to make their own stable 2.2.4 release but somehow not long enough for you to make it an OTA update? Just use the community one and change the few Sprint references. Viola we did your work for you. I'm tired of having to doctor my Pre2 every month or so.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: 2.2.4 out for months...
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Were the Touchpads ever sold by Verizon Wireless? Or it this an update for the Palm/HP phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
smilidon

No the touchpads are Wifi only but the Web OS 2.2.4 update is required for the Pre2 to communicate with the touchpads for text messaging and many other things via bluetooth, plus it gives the phone better security, performance, and the ability to use skype like everyone else. The work is already done just release the update OTA for everyone, I am running a stable release that was made by the community already but Verizon's network forces an "update" that breaks my phone every few weeks because it wants it to still be on 2.1.2. We Palm/HP users are paying customers as well so it would be nice to start being treated as such.

0 Likes
smilidon

Soooo I guess we are just ignoring this and hoping the thousands of Pre2 users just die or what? The update is already there it's been there for 9 months. Release it OTA already for fripes sake.

0 Likes
commonsense101

palm?

what?

0 Likes
Mr_BC

I feel like my $209 a month payment to Verizon counts for nothing! Verizon, it is time to release WebOS 2.2.4 to your Pre 2 users!!

commonsense101

It's almost like your $209 is for 3-4 lines of SERVICE

lol...you know, calls,text..service. from a service provider. providing service.

0 Likes
smilidon

So your saying that we don't deserve to treated as well as users from other carriers because they provide the same service at a slightly higher rate than the other providers?

0 Likes
commonsense101

I'm saying you are using a dead device that hasn't been supported in 2 years.. if you think you can get the same service with another provider, you have obviously never had another provider

0 Likes
Mr_BC

It was a "dead" device when HP released the update; the least Verizon can do is pass it on to the users who haven't switched devices yet because something is newer and shinier. Smilidon, I'm with you! At least that makes TWO of us...

0 Likes