Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3G Mobile Hotspot Palm Pixi
emmccarty

Okay so question. I am considering buying a Palm Pixi and it claims to give you "3g mobile hotspot," which I understand to be basically where your phone becomes a wireless router, for free (up to 5g). But online some places it says this costs $40. I am confused. If I use 5g or less, will this service be completely free (I already have purchased the $30 unlimited data plan by the way)?

0 Likes
Re: 3G Mobile Hotspot Palm Pixi
SydneyK
The mobile hotspot is free on the Pixi and Pre Plus (up to 5gb, as you said). It's $40 for other devices (Android).
0 Likes
keepingitreal

For any Mobile Hotspot capable device (Android, Blackberry) the cost is $20 per month and it includes 2GB's worth of service and the per GB overage rate is $20.  But your Palm comes with free access up to 5GB's per month and $0.05 cents per MB for overage.

0 Likes
wghamm

Sounds like a good deal, doesn't it? 5 Gb/mo of free hotspot usage.

It would be a good deal if it worked! Most of the time, when I try to use the hotspot, I get a message that "your service plan does not permit connection sharing". So, what is the point in a hotspot that will not share the connection?

Verizon support is totally worthless. One would think it a simple matter for customer service to verify that my plan allows sharing, but no, they cannot!

0 Likes
Re: 3G Mobile Hotpot Palm Pixi
MzCeeCee

Mobile Hotspot works beautifully for me. I suggest you call Verizon Wireless again and try working with a different representative. Without fail, I have found CS extremely helpful, relentlessly pursuing an issue until resolved. Good luck.

0 Likes
ahaninil

did u set up the wireless network? like give the name, and set the password if not choose the open network?

Even I set up already, sometime, I have to re-do it when I need to use hotspot.

0 Likes
Awesome deal
cbowen1997

Just purchased a Palm Pixi Plus from 1saleaday.com for $50 with no contract. I've been curious about WebOS since its debut, but was locked into a contract when the Pre and Pixi came to Verizon. Very excited to see the mobile hotspot feature came with no extra cost...it works flawlessly for me! Does anyone know if this will be free for these devices indefinitely or will they eventually make us pay?

0 Likes
Re: Awesome deal
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

I am happy to learn this feature works well for you!  If you have the free 3G Mobile Hotspot on your Palm, it will be available to you as long as the device remains active on your account.  This will apply even the the pricing changes in the future.

Thank you,

VanessaC_vzwsupport

0 Likes