Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3G Mobile Hotspot not connecting
Jen68

I purchased a palm pri approximately 6 weeks ago and was able to connect to the 3G mobile hotspot without any difficulty when in my home.  However, for the past week, I have struggled to find a 3G hotspot in my house. When a signal is found, it will sometimes connect for an instant, but then will immediately disconnect.  The computer recognizes the palm pre, and shows a  strong connection to the webOS Network, but will never sustain a connection.  Do you know how this can be resolved?

0 Likes
Re: 3G Mobile Hotspot not connecting
wushu2004
Novice

This started to happen to me last night as well...

0 Likes
mattpeters122

I purchased my Pre this last Tuesday (8/17).  Took it home and connected my laptop, ipod, daughters ipod.  Everything worked great.  The device names displayed in the list as I'd expect and I was happy with the speeds.  At work a co-worker was able to connect from across the building 100+ feet away(cube space of course).

Yesterday (8/19) I install the latest version of webOS 1.4.1.1.  Everything seems to be just fine until I take it home and try to connect my laptop.  As the previous poster stated the laptop has strong signal but the phone continuously drops the connection.  The laptop will show up in the connected list for less than a second and then connection is dropped.  This happens continuously.  until I turn off the hotspot.  One more thing that I noticed is that it doesn't recognize the laptop's name.  When it shows up in the list it is showing up listed with the mac address ( at least that's what i think it is ).  Before it would show the computer name.

I will be heading back to the VZW store today to see what they say but any ideas are welcome.  Thanks.

0 Likes
wushu2004
Novice
What OS is your laptop? I tried using Linux Mint with my mobile hotspot and it kept dropping.
0 Likes
jaymobe07

I had the same issue lol. Glad i seen this thread.

0 Likes