Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AS A ROUTER
mibro4

I only want to use this pixi for a phone and a router for my notebook. I've been trying every day all day for 1 week now and it just ain't gonna happen. Seems like nobody knows how including verizon,palm,the manual{duh}. Cauliflower ear staring to get worse. Appreciate any suggestions.

0 Likes
Re: AS A ROUTER
SydneyK

Please provide a few more details so we can help. Are you trying to set up the Mobile Hot Spot feature? What problems are you having (setting it up, connecting other devices)?

0 Likes
mibro4

I can't pair it with my pc. I might need an adapter,

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Novice

You can use the phone with WiFi or as Mobile Hot Spot here is a link to the phone manual to view the process.

http://infomanagerdoc.ddc.vzwcorp.com/EQUIPMENT_GUIDE/equipment_guide/WEP/Manual/Palm/Palm_Pixi_Plus... 

0 Likes
steveanderson13

mibro4 wrote:

I only want to use this pixi for a phone and a router for my notebook. I've been trying every day all day for 1 week now and it just ain't gonna happen. Seems like nobody knows how including verizon,palm,the manual{duh}. Cauliflower ear staring to get worse. Appreciate any suggestions.

My use exactly.  I assume you are using wifi.  I use the hotspot feature--it's one of the apps. Open the launcher (arrow lower right corner), scroll left or right, up or down until you find it.  Open and set up.  It's a breeze.  Just watch your usage; phone data counts against your 5gb allowance. 

0 Likes
mibro4

I have found the phone operators to be very good. I have spent a lot of time this last week with them and was always pleased with their help. The manual tells a lot about what the phone will do and little about how to do anything. The website is not good at all if you want a question answered.  Period.  I can't even change my e-mail address so verizon can email if needed.. I gotta be honest though. I like the phone and on my own I will learn how to use it. One more thing. Palm would probably help but they don't spesk English.

0 Likes
keepingitreal

steveanderson13 wrote:

mibro4 wrote:

My use exactly.  I assume you are using wifi.  I use the hotspot feature--it's one of the apps. Open the launcher (arrow lower right corner), scroll left or right, up or down until you find it.  Open and set up.  It's a breeze.  Just watch your usage; phone data counts against your 5gb allowance. 

You have an Email & Web plan that covers the data that you use on the phone (sending/receiving email, downloads and web browsing) and that feature is unlimited if you have the $29.99 feature.  Your 5GB plan is only used when you are using the device as a Mobile Hotspot and have a wireless device (computer, laptop, iPod, iPad) connected to it.

0 Likes