Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Account Credentials
jdfondren

After changing my Gmail password, Palm Pre 2 requested input of new information, but it won't accept the new password. I've gone through this process before, and had it work on the first try when I went to sign in again. This time, I keep receiving the message "The account credentials you entered are incorrect. Try again." I tested on my computer to make sure the new password had been accepted, and it works fine, but not on the phone. I've tried resetting and I've tried deleting, then adding the Gmail account back on, but keep receiving the same error message.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Account Credentials
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

After you delete the Gmail account, remove the battery and then restart the phone after reinstalling the battery.  THEN try re-adding the gmail account back.  It may still be storing your old gmail information somewhere - make sure all your caches and stored/backup info is not somehow putting the old info (which no  longer works) back into place.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Account Credentials
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

After you delete the Gmail account, remove the battery and then restart the phone after reinstalling the battery.  THEN try re-adding the gmail account back.  It may still be storing your old gmail information somewhere - make sure all your caches and stored/backup info is not somehow putting the old info (which no  longer works) back into place.

0 Likes