Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Battery Life
jdgealta

Okay, I love my Palm Pre except it has the shortest battery life I've every experienced in a cell phone.  It doesn't even last 1 day.  I have to charge every single day.   I downloaded the most current update but that didn't extend the battery life. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life
TheGreatOne

You may want to consider purchasing an extended battery for the phone.

I know off hand I read somewhere that you can enable airplane mode to make your battery last. That'll actually turn off all wireless connections & i think even calls. I have used it before & it does save up battery life. Another tip is to get a pouch/case for the device. Having it near your body (like in your pocket) might just increase the battery life to drain. It has something to do with your body temp. I have also ready that it's going to charge the phone while it is off and to let it drain completely before charging it up.

I grabbed this from a yahoo article.....

Dim It

The brighter your screen, the more juice you're using. If you're in a dimly lit room, turn down your screen's brightness.If you use your smartphone  to play music, lower the volume.

Stop Searching

It is great that you can use Bluetooth technology to connect your smartphone to a headset, or use Wi–Fi to speed up the downloading of e–mail messages. But when you're not using that headset or not near a Wi–Fi hot spot, turn off those features on the phone.

Skip a Generation

Your smartphone is also continually looking for a cellphone signal. If you're in a weak signal area, your phone must work even harder to find one, decreasing battery life. If you know that there is no coverage in your area, turn off your portable device's mobile capabilities

Check Mail Manually

Mobile smartphones can check for e–mail messages and instant messages automatically. Or they can be set to "push" notifications as soon as they arrive in your server's mailbox.

Both strategies can be power hogs. To increase your battery life, turn off push and increase the interval between when the phone checks for new messages. Or better, set up your phone to check for messages manually.

0 Likes
annie246

I used an awesome LG phone for 4 years and just purchased the Palm Pre Plus a few weeks ago (I felt like I was cheating on my LG). For work I also had a Sprint cellualr device which was also several years old and we just recieved the Blackberry Curve so now I find myself with two smart phones. The biggest surprise to me was the decreased battery life for these phones! I really like both, miss the LG still however am becoming addicted to the multiple apps available from the Palm! Car chargers make all the diffence, whenever I'm in the car the phones are charging.

Good luck!

0 Likes
wushu2004
Novice

I've also heard to leave WiFi on all the time.

Something about the power consumption of the WiFi radio being better than the 3G radio.

0 Likes
grantacre

My Palm Centro needs to be recharged almost daily too.  A real headache.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

Solution, Touchstone for work, Problem solved. Yup battery sucks, but not that much different than my Storm. It is what it is, a smartphone that uses data even when it's in your pocket or holster, If you want instant E-mail updates and such, that's the way it is. Adapt, I have. The Phone and OS is well worth the occasional recharge when I'm not using it, And on the Touchstone it's a clock and speaker phone on your desk or where ever (In the Car) It's also better for the battery to recharge often, even if not needed.

0 Likes