Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Countdown til I leave Verizon...
JMG321

UNLESS they do the right thing and fix GPS on the Pre Plus.  I am a former Sprint customer and held out a long time to wait for Verizon to pick up the Palm Pre.  Much to my dismay, I find that one of the major features that was a factor in my purchsing the phone (GPS) does not work well at all.  Verizon's own website dexcribes the Pre Plus as having GPS and aGPS.  Now, Sprint customers have no troubles at all with GPS on their Pre devices.  Early reviews from AT&T Pre Plus customers are the same...GPS works great.  And both work great without subscription to any services.  So how is it that the company with supposedly the best network has the worst GPS????  We all know the scam Verizon is trying to pull off:  cripple GPS and force us to subscribe to VZ Nav.  Not happening.  I even asked customer service if I could give up my free 3G hotspot and trade it for free VZ Nav instead (since 3G hotspot is a much more expensive feature), but no dice.  Verizon can fix GPS and keep me as a customer when my contract runs out, or they can keep giving Pre Plus customers the run around, in which case I'll be switching carriers when my contract expires.  I'm not alone in this sentiment either.  Check out the forums at Precentral.net and you'll see how many disgruntled Verizon customers are out there.  I must say, after all the good things I'd heard about Verizon, I am sorely disappointed in their unethical, dishonest and corrupt business practices.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Countdown til I leave Verizon...
JMG321

Big surprise!  Not a peep from Verizon's ace customer service squad.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

JMG321 wrote:

Big surprise!  Not a peep from Verizon's ace customer service squad.

Their working on it, it's a software issue, will be addressed in next update. There is a patch from Preware that solved my problem.

0 Likes
mcnameeelectric

Just wondering to the OP.  Why did you leave Sprint?  I came THIS close to going over TO Sprint.  Long time Verizon cust.

Is there coverage much less than Verizons?

You just cant beat the package they have now tha INCLUDES Nav,Text,nascar, calling ANY cell phone for free and all.  The way I figure.  If I have to leave Ver. I will just bite the bullet. 

That was ONE reason why I stayed was I was afraid of the coverage.  Again.  Just wondering why you came over here?  Was it just because the GPS?  And did you ever have coverage problems compared to what you have now?

Thanks

Don

0 Likes
JMG321

I left Sprint b/c I moved last fall and had poor reception in my location.  I was happy to switch to VZ b/c I heard great things about their customer service.

0 Likes
JMG321

Missed your other comments, sorry.  I was overall pleased with Sprint.  The customer service wasn't GREAT, but I didn't need customer service that much to be honest.  Plus, they've improved A LOT over the past year or so.  No, you won't beat their prices.  You do give up a little on coverage, but that's not an issue for a lot of folks and it's improving

0 Likes
JMG321

The latest patch does not work for me (nor for many other VZ Pre Plus owners).  This is more than a software glitch.  Blocking GPS is something VZ has been known for:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/161019/verizon_locks_out_gps_competition_customers_com...

0 Likes
mcnameeelectric

Thanks for your replies about Sprint.

Errrrrr on your last post on the Nav.  :smileymad:

0 Likes