Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dear Verizon, From a WebOS user on your network...
MDsmartphone

with the upcoming Pre 2, please include the following:

The NFL app that sprint was using on it's pre's, and that you have included on all the other smartphone platforms on your network except webOS

Access to "My Verizon" app so we can access our account info, something you include on EVERY phone, dumb and smart, on your network except webOS

True GPS support, without bugs and lockdowns or whatever you or palm are doing to the gps chip on the pluses on your network

Please make sure there is no double/triple and missed letter bug on
the keyboard with the release of the phone this time, like you did with the pre pluses before 1.4.1. Vzw, you guys supposedly test all the phones thoroughly on your network for
"security" issues, how about testing the actual use of this device so this doesn't pop up?

Continue the great pricing you have for the touchstone package that you have been offering over the past few months.

Release the device at reasonable pricing, $150 or less, and offer a promo for all current pre plus users to upgrade early, similar to what you do with many of your droids, windows mobile, and blackberry devices around the holidays

Continue the free mobile hot spot feature to differentiate the pre 2 from all the "cooler" droid devices and use it
as a selling point.

Include the webOS devices in your upcoming "unlimited" price plans similar to sprints. Perhaps also offer discounted pricing on the phones to
sprint customers stuck with the pre minus to maybe lure them over to your network.

Include the pre 2 as part of your pre paid plans as well.

I know you likely will not be advertising this phone much, but if you do include it to advertise your network overall, don't advertise it to mommy's only.

And finally, please consider other hp palm phones in your roadmap of devices as well, as there are some that think the device is either too similar to the pre plus or prefer other form factors but enjoy the webOS platform. Not everyone wants an android phone!

Thank you for your time.
Look forward to figuring out a way to upgrade early to the pre 2.

0 Likes
Re: Dear Verizon, From a WebOS user on your network...
rwinger

Very well put! Could not agree more...

0 Likes
middlemas

Great suggestions.  I've spent the past hour trying to find My Verizon for my Palm Pre because I just got a brochure with my bill that said it was available.  The Verizon web interface included on the opening page of my browser is horrible and does a great injustice to the beautiful graphic capabilities of the Pre. 

Please Verizon support WebOS which is the best OS out there.

0 Likes
SgnosGnignis

MDsmartphone wrote:

with the upcoming Pre 2, please include the following:

The NFL app that sprint was using on it's pre's, and that you have included on all the other smartphone platforms on your network except webOS

Access to "My Verizon" app so we can access our account info, something you include on EVERY phone, dumb and smart, on your network except webOS

True GPS support, without bugs and lockdowns or whatever you or palm are doing to the gps chip on the pluses on your network

clip!

Continue the free mobile hot spot feature to differentiate the pre 2 from all the "cooler" droid devices and use it
as a selling point.

Include the webOS devices in your upcoming "unlimited" price plans similar to sprints. Perhaps also offer discounted pricing on the phones to
sprint customers stuck with the pre minus to maybe lure them over to your network.

clip!

And finally, please consider other hp palm phones in your roadmap of devices as well, as there are some that think the device is either too similar to the pre plus or prefer other form factors but enjoy the webOS platform. Not everyone wants an android phone!

Thank you for your time.
Look forward to figuring out a way to upgrade early to the pre 2.

I left most of MDsmartphone's post intact just to reinforce the message. I and, I believe, most of VZW's WebOS customers will also agree with this.

I find it most reprehensible that VZW still hasn't provided NFL Mobile to their WebOS customers. WebOS is not the dream child that Android and Blackberry are so VZW has spent money, time, and manpower to insure the dream children have the application, but VZW is unwilling (note: not unable) to make one tenth of that level of effort to provide an already existing application to their WebOS customers.

The Mobile Hot Spot being no cost to Pre Plus and Pixi Plus customers is almost the only thing keeping me from jumping ship to another carrier.

VZW, you need to make at least as much effort to properly advertise WebOS devices as you spend on Android. Even during the first months of VZW carrying Pre Plus and Pixi Plus I saw or heard "maybe" 1 Palm commercial for every 5 or 6 Droid commercial. This has to stop. Parity for Palm Pre Plus 2.

0 Likes