Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Delete text msg & listen to downloaded MP3
Javajunkie41

Hi all :smileyhappy: I recently purchased a Palm Pre Plus and have had a couple of issues that I can't find help for on the Verizon Help FAQ's.

1) How do I delete text messages? I don't see any point in cluttering up my phone with endless "chat" histories.

2) I downloaded a song from Amazon MP3. I can't listen to it at all. Am I supposed to do something or have some kind of playlist to listen to downloaded music? Sorry, but I'm not very techie savvy so I need someone to break it down Barney style for me!

JJ

0 Likes
Re: Delete text msg & listen to downloaded MP3
oldgeekster
Novice

On the part about text messages, just open the messaging App - it will present you with a list of "conversations" you had going.  Pick one you no longer want to keep and use a right or left "swipe" gesture. (Like rapidly dragging it off the screen to the right or left). That should result in a pair of buttons being displayed giving you the option to either "Delete" or "Cancel".

Hope this helps!

-=dave=-

p.s. I haven't "downloaded" any MP3s - I've just copied them off of my computer to the palm via the USB cable connection.  When I open the "Music" app, it finds and plays them just fine.

0 Likes
Re: Delete text msg & listen to downloaded MP3
Javajunkie41

WOWW that was amazing! I never would have figured that out on my own lol Thank you so much!

With regard to the MP3 files... I followed the instructions to copy the files to the Pre drive on my PC with the USB cord. I can see all the files on the computer, but for some reason, I can't open them on the phone itself. I also have one MP3 that I downloaded from Amazon MP3 and I can't get it to play. Weirdly enough, I was able to assign it as a ringtone, but that's it.

Any techie wisdom would be most appreciated!

JJ

0 Likes