Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Desktop RE-INSTALL after upgrade to Win-7
richardbaer

Anyone have any suggestions as to why my Desktop will not display anything other than “Media” and “Install” after reinstalling the desktop app (the newest version 6.2) following upgrade to Win-7 from Win-Vista ???

I am a long-time user of Palm w/Windows and Palm (Access) Desktop (ca 10 yrs) I have tried deleting, re-booting, then re-installing, all to no avail.  Beginning to get frustrated.  When I called Verizon/Palm they want to charge to fix the problem.   "@#$%" That!!!  Anyone else have any suggestions.  What happens if I rename the Palm Program in Win-7, then install as if brand new.  Will I lose all my Palm apps and Data?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Desktop RE-INSTALL after upgrade to Win-7
bosslady85

I have researched this information and this is what I found.

• Windows 7: Many users have successfully installed and run Palm Desktop 6.2 software with Windows 7. Palm has not done thorough testing with a range of third-party equipment running Windows 7, therefore Palm cannot guarantee compatibility.
  • 64-bit editions of Windows: USB HotSync is not supported. You may be able to sync Palm Desktop 6.2 through a Bluetooth wireless connection.  For more information go here http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/32859_en.html

0 Likes