Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Early Upgrade To Palm Phone?????
SmoothCriminal

HI!

I have a 13 years old and have a Samsung Rogue. I've had it for...3 months. I HATE this phone. The touch screen is very unresponsive at times, the phone is  waaay tooo BULKY  (I'm only 13 and really skinny and kinda short, this phone literally ways me DOOOWWN),  it randomly shuts off and I have to restart it, and it has virtually NO apps. The only apps available for this phone (if you can even go far as to call it a phone), are the ones that Verizon provides, WHICH IS ALSO VIRTUALLY NOTHING!!!, the internet is soo slow and can't even do things with Java, it can't connect to my Mac...so there is no music on my phone. There are tons of reason why this phone sucks hot dirt. The one good thing is its 4 row QWERTY keyboard (probably one of the best keyboards out there). But most of the time I just wanna stomp on this phone, throw it  out of a window, and then have a bus run over it. So I decided enough is ENOUGH, I am getting a smart phone (I know kids my age don't need smart phones, but the smart phone I want is more of a teen smart phone)! These **bleep** 3G multimedia phone systems suck and are noooo fun. So, anyway, cuz I'm not eligible for an upgrade (I don't think I ever will actually) cuz I'm a secondary line, I decided I would get an upgrade through the primary line (my dads line). Once we get the phone, we will activate it on my line (so I am the one getting the phone). He doesn't mind. So, he gave me his password for his online Verizon Account. He has four months 'til an upgrade. School starts again in 2 months, It'd be a lot more fun if I could get a new phone for when school starts again (especially since my grades have started to slip cuz I can never keep track of things, a smart phone could definitely help me plan ahead and keep me on track). So I considered just having my dad call Customer Service and be like "I want an early upgrade...if I can't get one I might leave Verizon." But IDK if that could actually work. So I heard about this offer that ends June 30th. It says that if you don't have a smart phone (neither me or my dad has a smart phone) and your line is atleast 6 months old (my dads line is a year and 8 months old), you can get a Palm Pre Plus or Palm Pixi Plus for the price the new customers get! So that means I could get a Palm Pixi Plus for free!!!!!! I'd rather get the Palm Pixi for the following reasons: My dad says I gotta pay for this phone :smileysad: so the palm pixi plus is free (ya, I'm cheap lol), Its really thin (the bulkiness of the my Samsung Rogue has traumatized me), it has a QWERTY keyboard (I am MAJOR texter, I know the keys are kinda small, but my fingers are small too), it has a touch screen (though its kinda small), its has cool back plates, it looks really cute and cuddly lol, it has Palm WebOS (has a OK app selection, but its a major upgrade compared to the Rogue's app selection), I've heard its a good smart phone for teens and first time smart phone buyers. I know the Palm Pre Plus has a few more advantages, BUT ITS NOT FREE! So I ain't getting it lol. Anyway, does anyone have any info on this Palm early upgrade? Do they give it to anyone who qualifies, or do they only give it out when they feel like it? Should I say something special so they give it to me or something??? Sorry I know this post is really long, but my dads also any english teacher lol (he really is). And if anyone has any info on the Palm Pixi Plus they wanna share, please let me know!

0 Likes
Re: Early Upgrade To Palm Phone?????
wushu2004
Novice

I've never heard of this deal.  I know that, if you're halfway into your plan, you can pay a $20 upgrade fee and get another phone.

I have a Pixi Plus and love it.  It's great for stuff like Facebook and email.  The calendar is awesome to have.  The app catalog has some pretty decent apps in it.  I bought an app that lets me track assignment due dates and all that jazz and IDK where I'd be without it.

Oh and if your into hacking stuff, the phone is easy to do that to.

0 Likes
SmoothCriminal

Hey,

what kinda hacks does the Pixi Plus have?

0 Likes
wushu2004
Novice

You can change themes, add homebrew apps, add patches for additional functionality...

and even overclocking.

Everything can be found at www.precentral.net.

Happy reading.  You'll learn a lot.

0 Likes
jaymobe07

I read an article stating it ended may 1, many people never heard of the special.  I asked on yahoo answers, in which two people stated it was still going.

bosslady85 said the deal goes on till june 30th or while supplies last in another thread.  Thats probably most reliable answer i have since bosslady is an employee.  The article i read i think was a thing sent to verizon stores as it told the employee how to do it and it never stipulated primary/secondary lines but not comfirmed.

I to have a rogue, i dont think its a bad phone, no issues for me. Makes my old moto rokr look like small person phone. I dont even look for games as i believe the prices for phone games are highly overpriced.  I have it connected to pc so music/photos no problem.  I just want the pre for webOS and 3g hotspot.  And the pre is about same dimensions, little wider and little lighter. 

0 Likes
SmoothCriminal

MorganB confirmed that the Palm promotional deal end June 30th. So if you want an early upgrade to a palm phone, call soon!

0 Likes
MorganB

Check here for more information - - - ->early upgrade?

Hope this helps!

0 Likes