Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hard reset & losing data
Javajunkie41

Hi all. I've been unable to access the App Catalog or Facebook, so I was advised to do a back up, then soft reset, followed by a hard reset.  I understand that doing the hard rest will restore the phone to its factory settings.  If I do the hard reset, will I lose all my contacts and the MP3 files that I've downloaded?

Thank you  in advance,

JJ

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Hard reset & losing data
VZW_Zrock02
Novice

As long as you backup your phone you will not lose anything at all. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

Uh.. Zachary,

Backup your phone with what specifically?

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Novice

Back up your information

A Palm profile connects your phone to Palm to get automatic updates, back

up your data, and more. You create a Palm profile when you set up your

phone.

Your phone backs up the contacts, calendar events, tasks, and memos that

are in your Palm profile account, as well as system settings and applications

you downloaded to your phone. An automatic backup to your Palm profile

of all this information happens every day. So if you ever need to erase the

info from your phone, you can restore all your backed-up info. You can turn

off automatic backup, and you can also perform a manual backup.

Backup does not affect information stored in online accounts like Google.

Information stored in online accounts is synchronized by the online provider

at regular intervals. Information stored in Outlook is synchronized by your

company's Exchange server.

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

....and those MP3 files the original poster asked about?  How about file attachments? Documents saved on the phone?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely *love* the Backup App that came with my Palm Pre Plus, just trying to point out that it doesn't backup "everything". What it is is wonderful, but not "all-encompassing".

My MP3 music files are backed up on my Notebook computer via the usb connection to my phone, along with other files and documents.

Here is the best link I've found thus far on this subject.

Sorry to be a "bug-a-boo" on this topic, before I retired fully I was a business owner that was PARANOID about data-loss.

-=dave=-

0 Likes
mgarwood2121

I have  rouge and I had to hard reset my phone and lost all my ringtones when i reactivated my phone i figured i would be able to re-dowload them in the browse and download section like when you activate a new phone. I can't and I had no way to back them up I had a memory card and the downloaded ringtones will not save to that. I also have a mac so I can't connect my phone to my computer so I dont really know what to do about data loss.

0 Likes
bMi2

I've lost everything.

I've done the factory reset with the check box for internal media checked [green], and reinstalled accounts both with and without the SD card [not supposed to have reformatted] in place. 

DROIDxtrm. Will not format the SD card. Will not mount the SD card. I've installed the motorola <junk> on my computer using the USB method. I've installed the Verizon manager <junk> on my computer using the USB method. 

The SD card will not reformat, become readable on either computer or phone, and will not mount.

HELP! somebody please help!

0 Likes