Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Having problems,need your advice
pb2112

I bought my palm pre + on 5/27/10 and have had a few problems. The first problem is the phone would reboot for no reason. I understand that these phones have had this problem. The second problem is bothering me a little.  I would put the phone on the touchstone charger overnight(it would say charging when I do this) but the next day the phone would be off and the battery would be almost dead. This has happened two times  so far. So my question to you is should I return this phone for a new one before the 30 return policy is up?  All I want is a palm pre + with no issues.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

pb

0 Likes
Re: Having problems,need your advice
oldgeekster
Novice

Have you updated the version of WebOS software on your phone to 1.4.1.1 using the Updates application that came with your phone? My only reason for asking is that I experienced the random reboot until updating to 1.4.1.1 on my Verizon Palm Pre + and haven't had it since.  I have also heard there were a few delivered with "short" batteries that didn't fit snugly inside the phone that could cause this effect - easy fix.  If you have 1.4.1.1, I would recommend taking it in and have a Verizon tech have a look. :smileywink:

0 Likes
bosslady85

Have you checked to see if you have the latest software version?  If not, the steps are below.  The update was a fix for the problems you are experiencing. 

Tap and slide finger up on center gesture area
Tap and slide window to the left twice
Tap Updates to view available update options

Keep in mind, you must be inside the network in order for the updates to show up.

If you have the latest software, I would recommend you take the device to a local store to have a technician look at the device as  stated.

0 Likes
pb2112

Thanks bosslady85 and oldgeekster(old_geekster on HP forums) for your responses. I did update the right after I bought it(1.4.1.1) is what OS I am running but still am having problems every couple of days. I did try a  possible solution I read about on the web. I cut a thick piece of paper and put it right behind the battery(hoping the battery wont shift around). Anyway thanks for the advice. If I still have problems I will take it back to Verizon and see what they think(wish me luck with that).

Thanks again

pb

0 Likes