Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How can i get Pixi plus BOGO???
alex5252

Hi, i plan on getting the palm pre plus on a new line on my family plan and i am wondering how i can get the pixi plus without adding another line, none of the lines on the account are eligible for an upgrade. Would it work if i added another line on the account to get the pixi and then activated an old phone and canceled the line within 30 days?

Thanks in advance!!!

0 Likes
Re: How can i get Pixi plus BOGO???
BlackDragon
Novice
Hiya, not sure your question but imma take a guess. If you were to start a new line of service to get the pixi for free then switch it to an old phone, that line was still activated under a 2 year contract for the pixi. so if you cancelled the line within 30 days and did not return the pixi, you would be charged the full etf($350 for that phone). Switching the phones on the line will not hide the fact that the line was started with a pixi. Hope that helps ^.^
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

BlackDragon is correct - by canceling within 30 days, you are only charged for the service you used IF YOU RETURN THE PHONE.  If you do not return the phone, I believe you are charged the full retail price of the phone, (or the ETF?) since you received the phone "free" on the condition that you keep the line of service for 2 years.  If you cancel, they want the phone back, or they want you to pay for it.

You can switch that line to another phone, and drop the data plan for the Pixi, but you would still have to keep that line of service active for 2 years to keep the Pixi.  If you don't mind my asking - why do you need both the Palm Pre and the Pixi if you are only starting one new line of service?  You said   "Hi, i plan on getting the palm pre plus on a new line on my family plan and i am wondering how i can get the pixi plus without adding another line, none of the lines on the account are eligible for an upgrade."  Is it just because it's on a BOGO deal?  The only way the BOGO works is if lines are eligible for upgrade or you start new lines of service - you don't want to start two new lines, and you don't have 2 lines eligible, so you don't qualify for the BOGO deal - simple.  Unless I've misunderstood what you want to do?

0 Likes
woyala

It's because of thief mentality of people like you that made the ETF go higher.

0 Likes
alex5252

Thanks for the replys, you answered my question.

P.S. i was not trying to be a "thief", i was asking this question because a local verizon emplyee had suggested i do this but as i thought i would have to pay for the phone or ETF.

0 Likes