Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How to reset a deactivated phone?
ash2685

I need to reset the data on my Palm Pre Plus. Right now, the phone is deactivated (I cannot connect to the verizon network or internet) and is on the Palm profile sign in page. When I enter my personal palm profile info, it says it cannot connect. How can I get the phone to a state where the data can be reset? I am ultimately trying to get this phone in a state in which I can either resell it or donate it. Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: How to reset a deactivated phone?
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello ash2685! I can help you with your data reset needs. Please follow these steps to remove some or all of your personal info from the Palm Pre Plus:

1. Tap and slide finger up on center gesture area 
  2. Slide screen to the left twice 
  3. Tap Device Info 
  4. Tap and slide screen up to show Reset Options 
  5. Tap Reset Options 
  6. Select from the following Options:  
    1. Restart - Will restart device 
    2. Shut down - Will power off device 
    3. Partial Erase - Warning: Erases applications you installed and all application settings and data. Does not erase personal files stored on the USB Drive. 
    4. Full Erase - Warning: Erases applications you installed and all application settings and data. Also erases personal files stored on the USB Drive.

DionM_VZW

Follow Us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
ash2685

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, when I tap and slide my finger up on the center gesture area, nothing happens. Right now, the phone's screen shows "Palm Profile, you need a palm profile to access critical palm services. Create a new profile or sign into an existing profile now." When I try to sign in, it says the phone is unable to connect. Tapping or sliding my finger does nothing, although this is not because anything is wrong with the screen or tap features of the phone. The only other option I have is to place an emergency call, or to call verizon customer service from the phone.

Any further help? Verizon customer service is not replying to my requests for assistance.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Yes, you can also try to press and hold Option (the block symbol) + "Sym" + power simultaneously. You'll want to continue holding for 10 seconds, after which the "Full Erase" screen should appear. When you see it, you can follow the same steps described above!

DionM_VZW

0 Likes
ash2685

Thank you, again!

Unfortunately this is not working either. When I simultaneously press the three buttons you mentioned, all that happens is the option to "turn off" the phone or "cancel".... as if I am just pressing and holding down the power button.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Then we may need to activate this device on an active line just for the purpose of resetting it. I have one prepared for that purpose but I need to know the device ID. Can you please send me a Direct Message with your name and contact number and a good time for me to call? I'll walk you through it by phone!

DionM_VZW

0 Likes
ash2685

Thanks, sending a direct message once you accept my request to follow you.

0 Likes
ash2685

I believe you need to send me a request to follow so that I can message you.

0 Likes
ash2685

Thank you for the wonderful customer service.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Oh, you're welcome, ash2685! Take care and enjoy your service!!

DionM_VZW

0 Likes