Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is the palm pre plus a world phone
MANNY921

I want to go to mexico and i have a storm 2 now but im unhappy with it. Im gona go trade it tomorrow for a palm pre plus and i was wondering if i can use the phone and all of it can do overthere

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Is the palm pre plus a world phone
blamiya1
Novice

Usually when traveling to other countries, your phone will need to be updated by dialing *228 once you have reached the country that desire. If you do not have a global plan that covers roaming charges, you may have some charges on your account (generally speaking). Be sure that you call into customer service at 1-800-922-0204 to get the full details on updating your device for your overseas trip.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
blamiya1
Novice

Usually when traveling to other countries, your phone will need to be updated by dialing *228 once you have reached the country that desire. If you do not have a global plan that covers roaming charges, you may have some charges on your account (generally speaking). Be sure that you call into customer service at 1-800-922-0204 to get the full details on updating your device for your overseas trip.

0 Likes
blackdognorth

That may be true, but if you want your phone to function internationally it needs to have GSM capability.  Almost all the rest of the world (and AT&T) are on GSM systems.  (although the US GSM frequencies are different than almost all other countries GSM frequencies).  And...to answer you question, no The Palm Pre Plus is NOT GSM capable.  On top of that, there's the issue of whether or not a GSM phone can ahve the SIM card swapped out.  You need to be unlocked from the carrier and then need to either enable international roaming or swap out the SIM card for something that's going to give you coverage in the country youre travelling to.  DAta must be WAY expensive.  Even voiec gets pricey fast depending on the country.

0 Likes