Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile Hotspot Bug
jraitt

I have a Verizon Pre Plus with firmware CC1.4(510). WebOS 1.4   I just ran some tests with mobile hotspot:

Device                                          Down     /       Up

---------------------------------------------------------------------
HP pavilion DV6775 laptop  2.68 Mbps / 0.22 Mbps
Lenovo Ideapad Y530           0.14 Mbps / 0.14 Mbps
IBM Thinkpad T60 laptop      0.10 Mbps / 0.20 Mbps
Apple Ipad                                0.12 Mbps / 0.53 Mbps
Apple Ipod Touch                   0.11 Mbps / 0.19 Mbps

The only device that works properly is the HP laptop. The other devices are not useable at these speeds. See forum threads:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?p=2393856

http://forums.palm.com/t5/webOS-Software/Verizon-Palm-Pre-Plus-WebOS-1-4-MHS-Moblie-Hotspot-bug/td-p...

Speculation is there is a bug with certain WiFi chips. Please reply if you are having similar problems.

0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot Bug
MacDaddy
Novice

Toshiba Netbook NB305-N310, No problems, Flys on the Hotspot.

0 Likes
Harley65

I too have the same problem average Kbps download and Kbps upload on my Asus 1000HE netbook.  I purchased the phone 2 weeks ago by phone and it was fed-ex to me from their central shipping in California.  Since the hotspot was the only reason I purchased the phone I notice the problem immediately and  I spoke with Verizon Tech support several times and they in turn put me on a conference call with Palm tech support but to no avail.  They don' seem to know of the problem.  Verizon tech support finally decided it was a defective phone and had me go to the local Verizon store to replace it with another new phone Palm Pre Plus.  The new phone had the same problem.  I installed the new OS upgrade when it became available a few days ago but their was no change in the hotspot speeds.  I'm glad to read here that I'm not the only one with this problem but I'm wondering if there is any plan to fix the problem.  I have 2 weeks left to decide if I keep the Palm Pre Plus which I like in every other respect (except for no voice dialing feature) or to return it and go back to using my old phone since the hotspot feature is why I purchased the phone.  I hope we will get some answers from Palm Support confirming the problem and assuring us there will be a fix soon.

0 Likes
Harley65

The speeds didn't show up so I'll try that again...  135Kbps download and 175Kbps download.

0 Likes
jraitt
0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes