Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile Hotspot Speed issue
luckylucchese

I live in North Platte Nebraska and the speeds I'm getting with my Mobile Hotspot are pretty bad. I just ran a speed test and the results showed 1.09mb/s down and 0.30mb/s up. However when I download a file the higest download speed I ever get is around 250kb/s. Also the connection seems to fluxuate quite abit.One second it will be downloading at 200kb/s the next it will start to drop off and end up as low as 20kb/s.

My question is are these issues cause of my area, Or is there something wrong. Oh and I forgot to mention when using my Mobile Hotspot I am connecting to our Gateway Netbook that also came from Verizon it has it's own Mobile Broadband that has the same issue.

0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot Speed issue
MacDaddy
Novice

luckylucchese wrote:

I live in North Platte Nebraska and the speeds I'm getting with my Mobile Hotspot are pretty bad. I just ran a speed test and the results showed 1.09mb/s down and 0.30mb/s up. However when I download a file the higest download speed I ever get is around 250kb/s. Also the connection seems to fluxuate quite abit.One second it will be downloading at 200kb/s the next it will start to drop off and end up as low as 20kb/s.

My question is are these issues cause of my area, Or is there something wrong. Oh and I forgot to mention when using my Mobile Hotspot I am connecting to our Gateway Netbook that also came from Verizon it has it's own Mobile Broadband that has the same issue.

You don't say what your 3G signal strength is, this will have a big variable in the speed you up and download. If both your Laptop Broadband and Hotspot are the same it's probably a signal thing.

0 Likes
luckylucchese

Does VzAccess have a place I can look for my signal strength, Or are you talking about the bars?

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

luckylucchese wrote:

Does VzAccess have a place I can look for my signal strength, Or are you talking about the bars?

Talking about the Bars on the Phone when in 3G

0 Likes
luckylucchese

Most of the time I have full bars, Right now VZAccess is showing 3/4 bars and the phone is showing 4/4 bars.

It seems to surf the internet fine, But has a hard time when streaming and downloading, I can't even play a youtube video without pausing to let it load.

0 Likes