Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NFL Live App coming to the Pre Plus??????
caseysch

I just saw that Verizon signed a contract with the NFL to be the official wireless sponsor.  With that, comes access to many NFL things.  However, the application doesn't currently work for the Pre Plus.  Does anyone know if Palm and/or Verizon are going to make it available to Pre Plus users?

0 Likes
Re: NFL Live App coming to the Pre Plus??????
MorganB

That information is unavailable at this time.

0 Likes
fifthgear001
Novice

CSR in my local store said the Palm phones would not be gettng NFL mobile when I asked last week.

0 Likes
Sgnos

MorganB wrote:

Sorry, but that isn't an acceptable answer.

We know Verizon has the service.

We know that Sprint used to have it.

We know that Sprint had it available on the Pre and Pixi.

We know that it is technically possible and that it has already been done on the Pre and Pixi.

We know that Verizon has the capability to make it available.

What we don't know is;

Will Verizon make it available for all of their customers or only a select few?

Will Verizon charge an unreasonable fee for the service, like they do for most "extras" ($40), or will they be more reasonable about it. (Personally, they should be able to get new customers just based on the availability of the service, particularly if they make it included as part of the already expensive data plan.)

These decisions have surely been made at the corporate level. Verizon needs to communicate with its customers, not 'respond' with a lack of information. There is no reason this service shouldn't be available to Verizon's Pre and Pixi customers, it's already been done before, they don't even have to invent anything.

0 Likes
jhodnettejr
totally lame that verizon isn't making this service available to palm owners. not only did i have to educate the sales people at the verizon corp store about palm products, now this??? **bleep** VERIZON did they hold a gun to your head and say BUY PALM devices??? One can only hope the HP/Palm will crack the whip on verizon and get them interested in selling the devices.
0 Likes
CBCstillmatic

This is exactly the reason I am going back to my Storm 2. No matter how much I love my Pre Verizon shows no interest in supporting it. First no VCast, no Ringtone Deluxe, no Song ID, no VZ Navigator 5.0, no Skype, and now no NFL Mobile. All of which are available on both Blackberrys and Androids and the only response we get from a Verizon Rep is that this info is unavailable at this time? **bleep**

Then knowing my luck the second I switch back it will all get released, maybe it will get support and gain faith now that HP is backing Palm and WebOS.

0 Likes
CBCstillmatic

I mean the Sprint Pre had all of the App support cause it was their premier device. Seams like the Pre was never considered a Premier device for Verizon more like a red headed step child. It's a shame cause it is a great device with unlimited potential if supported. Please Verizon give me some support for my Pre Plus or Storm 2 and Blackberry 6 here I come.

0 Likes
SgnosGnignis

MorganB wrote:

4 months later...is this still the only answer we are going to get.

The season has started. The decisions have been made by now as to what phones will and will not be supported, time to tell your customers.

If the decision has been made to not support the Palm WebOS devices, I want a clear and complete answer as to why. We all know it's possible and has already been done, so don't try to snow us with technicalities.

0 Likes