Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NFL Mobile application
Sgnos

I'm confused why the NFL Mobile application, an app that already existed for WebOS, hasn't been made available for Verizon customers. Yet, even though the app wasn't previously available on android based devices, Verizon was very easily able to provide the application for users of android devices.

There is no good reason for Palm WebOS devices on Verizon to NOT have the NFL Mobile application by now. When other devices were getting the app before Palm Pre+ and Pixi+, I thought that Verizon was planning to package it up into the WebOS 1.4.1 roll-out. I figured I would miss out on the draft coverage, but OK, I could certainly live with that. When I finished downloading and installing the 1.4.1 update and I still didn't have the NFL Mobile application, I started to get irate.

I have verified @ http://solutions.vzwshop.com/nfl/#/home that:

Droid by Motorola

Droid Eris by HTC

Droid Incredible by HTC

Motorola Devour (Android)

BB curve 8330

BB curve 8530

BB 8830 World Edition

BB Storm 9530

BB Storm2 9550

BB Tour 9630

LG chocolate Touch (VX-8575) non-smartphone

LG enV Touch (VX-11000) non-smartphone

LG VX-8360 non-smartphone clamshell

Samsung Rogue (SCH-U960) non-smartphone

All have access to NFL Mobile on Verizon. How is it that basically ALL Blackberry phones, almost all Android based phones and even four "multimedia" phones all have access to NFL Mobile, but the two devices in the Verizon stable that already had an available app for their operating system still don't have access to NFL Mobile application?

This is deplorable for Verizon to be treating customers this way. They apparently bid on the NFL contract without regard for their inability to even make an already existing application available for their customers. How could they, and the NFL, expect to garner any good press from this deal. If Verizon is incapable of providing software, that already exists, to their customers, how did they convince the NFL that they would attract more users and fans?

I would like for someone in a position to make this decision to tell me why Pre+ and Pixi+ still don't have access to NFL Mobile.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: NFL Mobile application
VZW_Zrock02
Novice

We thank you for your recommendation. We are looking into providing NFL Mobile for WebOS devices in the near future.

0 Likes
Sgnos

I don't understand what there is to look into. The application already exists. Every sprint user already had it on their phone. Just roll it out. There is nothing to develop. Just make the application available to your users.

0 Likes
SgnosGnignis

Zrock02 wrote:

We thank you for your recommendation. We are looking into providing NFL Mobile for WebOS devices in the near future.

OK Zrock02

{please keep your posts courteous}

It's been 3 months...still looking into it I guess, eh?

I still don't understand what there is to look into.{please keep your posts courteous}

THE APPLICATION ALREADY EXISITS...THERE IS NOTHING TO DEVELOPE, NOTHING TO RE-WRITE, NOTHING TO RUN THROUGH SECURITY SCREENING...IT'S ALREADY DONE, JUST PUSH IT OUT TO YOUR (what may be formerly) LOYAL CUSTOMERS THAT WANT NOTHING OTHER THAN THE SAME CONSIDERATION YOU ARE GIVING TO THE DROID CROWD. THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE AN APP AVAILABLE UNTIL VERIZON BOUGHT THE RIGHTS AND THEY ALREADY HAVE THE APP ON THEIR PHONES. WEBOS/PALM DEVICES ALREADY HAD THE APP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

OK, I'm done ranting now, I hope you heard me this time because I'm about to take my corporate account to a different provider (SPRINT) because even though they don't have the NFL contract they are still providing their customers with a football live application on their Palm WebOS devices.

0 Likes
machinekiller85
I will admit I'm not a huge football fan, but the fact that this app is available for most blackberry, android, and even some feature phones and not for webOS is very very dissapointing! I'm sick and tired of being treated like a second class customer just because I prefer webOS. If things don't change soon my next smartphone definitely won't be on this network!
0 Likes