Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OVER-OVER-HEATING When using as hotspot almost burn with out cover
NesDiaz
Ok so i got my palm pre plus today as an upgrade...but. IT'S HOT literally. It's hot that its uncomfortable. i took off the back cover to see if it was the battery... it wasn't. the metal part were the diagram is is so hot that when i put it to my cheek it kind of burns a little. This happens when using the HotSpot Feature and when charging the phone. When i turn off hotspot feature it cools down but still a little warm. I don't even use alot of cards max. 2 if any. Can they replace it? Will it go away? Can they give me a different phone? What should I do? I didn't think there was actually going to be a hotspot on my phone!!! HELP Please
0 Likes
Re: OVER-OVER-HEATING When using as hotspot almost burn with out cover
MacDaddy
Novice

NesDiaz wrote:
Ok so i got my palm pre plus today as an upgrade...but. IT'S HOT literally. It's hot that its uncomfortable. i took off the back cover to see if it was the battery... it wasn't. the metal part were the diagram is is so hot that when i put it to my cheek it kind of burns a little. This happens when using the HotSpot Feature and when charging the phone. When i turn off hotspot feature it cools down but still a little warm. I don't even use alot of cards max. 2 if any. Can they replace it? Will it go away? Can they give me a different phone? What should I do? I didn't think there was actually going to be a hotspot on my phone!!! HELP Please

Very Normal, The phone will heat up under the Keyboard, (Radio is there) Hotspot transfers alot of data, so it's going to warm up.

Every Pre out there Heats up when using the Hotspot, Thats why they say to Use the Cord not Touchstone when Hotspoting while charging, Or slide open the Slider.

0 Likes
smilin66

Mine gets hot also. Even during normal use. I called Verizon and was told this is normal. I don't like it.

0 Likes
wushu2004
Novice

The phone's radio is getting hot because you creating a WiFi hotspot and sending all the info over 3G.

So yeah, it's going to get hot.

0 Likes
MDsmartphone

mobile hotspot on ANY device will heat up the device.

same problem with any windows mobile phone or android phone that serves as a mobile hotspot.

besides that, the palm pre plus stays hot for about a week while it is getting synchronized to the cloud with all your contacts and calender info.  once thats all completed, which can take 5-7 days, the heating goes away.

I had that problem (without using hotspot) for the first week back in Jan when I got the phone, I thought it was the battery but even after replacing it the problem persisted.  people over at precentral said to stay patient, that it was normal, and sure enough, the phone no longer heats up anywhere close to what it did during that first week.  I have had the since now since january and it is by far the best mobile phone I have owned.

0 Likes
neemann1967

i was told the same thing and it dont seem normal to have a phone get hot just from using it

0 Likes
palmsincev

One workaround is to leave the keyboard slider open during charging and while using hotspot.

Helps a little.

0 Likes
katefields1
Yes, my Pre Plus gets hot, too. Like someone else said, give it a while to get all your stuff synced. When you used the hotspot, open the slider and lay it on a hard surface (like a desk, book--just not a blanket or the couch or your jacket or something.) Let airflow get to it.

I ran my hotspot for about six or seven hours today and it was fine. Got warm, but not super hot. It will be fine if you let air get to it.
0 Likes