Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palm Pixi FREE Hotspot No Longer Being Honored!!!
BigBear1970

For those of you considering purchasing a Palm Pixi for the FREE hotspot feature, unless you already had the unlimited data package before the prices changed in July, 2011- forget it!  I researched for days on this phone before I purchased it and even the most current information (July 2011) said that the free mobile hotspot was an agreement between Palm and Verizon for the life of this phone- that it was tied to the phone, not your data package.  Never was there any mention that you had to have an unlimited data package BEFORE July to be able to use it.

Today I received my phone and called to activate it.  I mentioned the lifetime hotspot feature to the Verizon representative and at first she said no it was not available, then yes it was, then no it wasn't.  This evening after searching the net for a couple more hours I called Verizon again.  NOWHERE does it mention this free service being discontinued as of July.  When I spoke with this Verizon representative she told me I had to be an unlimited data package prescriber BEFORE the July new pricing and there was no longer an option for the free hotspot.  I told her I had searched everywhere and wanted to know where I could find this information.  She informed me that if I didn't find it, it probably wasn't out there anywhere and just the people that work there know about it.  Needless to say I am furious I got the phone, going to pack it up and send it back and start all over again.

Does anyone else know about this??  If there is a Verizon rep reading this- is there a reason this information wouldn''t be on your site and available to the public BEFORE they purchase one of these phones???

0 Likes