Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palm Pixi Plus - Frequent shutdowns
Zera

I have had my Palm Pixi Plus for a few months and in worked fine until I downloaded the first Web OS update and now it crashes and shuts down with no warning. It doesn't matter if there are any cards open or not. Does anyone else have a problem with this??? I have had Palm devices for years, but this is my first Palm Smartphone, and I am hating it!

0 Likes
Re: Palm Pixi Plus - Frequent shutdowns
VZW_Zrock02
Novice

I apologize you continue to have these problems with your device. The best solution to this would be to do a factory reset to clear out any bad software settings. Once you do this it should resolve all of your issues. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
mmrelle

I have the same problem, will I lose my contacts and pictures when i do a restore?

0 Likes
SydneyK

Yes, a factory reset will clear all your information and set the phone back to what it was out of the box. Before resetting, connect your Pixi via USB and save your photos and other data to your computer. As far as contacts, once you sign into your Palm profile after the reset, your contacts should be there. But you can also back up via Verizon Backup Assistant before resetting, if you want that extra peace of mind.

0 Likes
wushu2004
Novice

SydneyK wrote:

Yes, a factory reset will clear all your information and set the phone back to what it was out of the box. Before resetting, connect your Pixi via USB and save your photos and other data to your computer. As far as contacts, once you sign into your Palm profile after the reset, your contacts should be there. But you can also back up via Verizon Backup Assistant before resetting, if you want that extra peace of mind.

AFAIK, backup assistant isn't available on webOS.

If it is, please point me to it.

0 Likes
SydneyK

You are absolutely correct, Wushu2004. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. When I tried it, this is what I got:

How to import and export contacts on Palm® Web OS (Pixi™ / Pre™) devices

We’re sorry, Backup Assistant is currently not compatible with Palm devices. To learn how to import and export contacts on your Palm device, please see the instructions below.

Step 1
: Export the contacts as a .*CSV using one of the following Personal Information Managers.
  1. Outlook/Outlook Express/Windows Mail
  2. Palm Desktop Manager (Palm Centro™, Treo™ 650p etc)
  3. Entourage

Step 2: Import the .*CSV contacts into Gmail. Note: Palm recommends Gmail to store and maintain contacts

If you do not have a Gmail account, follow the instruction below:
  1. Go to the "Gmail signup" page.
  2. Fill out the "Create an Account" form and submit.

Step 3: Log in to the existing Gmail account on the new Palm device. The contacts will sync automatically over the air.

0 Likes
Pinevalleyite

This is my first smart phone.  Got it in January 2011 and it's the worst.  Freezes up all the time and then all of a sudden will work again.  Then the other night, it just shut itself off while fully charged and wouldn't come back on.  Tried plugging it into computer, nothing.  Called tech support after doing the "6 Steps to get your Palm Working Again" (guess it's a frequent problem) and they were unable to get it to work.  Had to take it to the Verizon store for more troubleshooting and they couldn't get it to turn on either with new battery, different USB plug, anything.  So Verizon is now sending me a "refurbished" one which I can only assume from reading all the posts will be worse than this one.  So 3 days with NO phone at all and will have to take it to Verizon store when it arrives to see what we can do about transferring contacts since the **bleep** thing won't turn on even to do that and when I got the phone, apparently it wasn't usable with Backup Assistant.  Horrible!

0 Likes