Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palm Pixi Plus uploading contacts problem
baltimorequeen

I just got my new Palm Pixi Plus.... first day I fully charge the battery, used it a little, plugged i tin overnight so I'd be fully charged the next day.  Woke up with a completely dead battery???  Charge it again the next day, it worked (with some technical support).  So now it's working and I'm loving the flipping screen, etc. but the battery gets extremely hot and  lasts for all of 6 hrs before I need to recharge.  changed some notification settings so it's not using so much battery... OK.

Well I had the Backup Assistant on my old LG (which was a flip phone and awesome I might add and never needed service).  So again with two long calls to customer service, I got my Contact.csv file, uploaded to my phone.  Now I have a list of names and numbers that are not syncd with my calls that come in.. so I still dont' know whose calling me despite having the numbers.

OK, so I get a "welcome" email from Verizon with great Tools for my Palm Pixi.... great.. now I"m cooking.  Go to those links and helps.  Under "Support" it tells me what to do to access Back Up Assistant and how to download it onto  my new Pixi.  Guess what folks, all the screen shots the Vwireless/Support websit show are WRONG.  No such Go TO or Media links on the Pixi... back again to Tech tel support (they were very nice and professional but had no clue what to tell me after describing all of the above and walking thru the process again).

So, now I'm gonna go INTO a Verizon store and hope they can manuall transfer my telephone contacts... if this works, I might keep the phone (or I might just go with the DROID).  The deal breaker for me an Pixi was that this phone is a HOTSPOT for the web for up to 5 computers... supposedly... I havent' tried it and wonder how long my battery would last in that mode if it does't go past 3 hrs in idle....

If there is anyone out there with a Pixi that can make a suggestion, let me know.  It's nice, but so is the Droid.... I've only had it for 2 days so I have time to consider a change.

0 Likes
Re: Palm Pixi Plus uploading contacts problem
deleko

Hi! Just got my Palm Pre today and I can't use the backup assistant to get my numbers either. When I try to get the app off this verizon site, says there isn't one yet. How did you get yours to work???

Having problems getting all contacts from old Palm desktop software too. Frustrating day.

0 Likes
SmoothCriminal

Backup assistant isn't available on Palm WebOS phones. Sorry. That's why before I got my Pre Plus I uploaded all my contacts from my Samsung Rogue to my address book on my Mac, so I wouldn't have to manually find all the contacts when my Pre Plus came in the mail. Sorry :smileysad: but good luck!

0 Likes
deleko

Thanks. Wish I had that option. My problem is my old phone died and could not even charge it to get anything from it. In the end, I downloaded the backup asst file from the VZW website and then uploaded it to Google. A pain, but it worked. Still wrestling with my old Palm desktop contacts...

0 Likes