Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palm Pre Mobile Hotspot Usage - where on current usage
jargus87

Where does the amount I use the Palm mobile hotspot show on the "current usage" web page?  I was told under Domestic Mobile Broadband Connect, but it does not show there.

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Palm Pre Mobile Hotspot Usage - where on current usage
bosslady85

To view your mobile hotspot usage, you will need to click on the Data usage tab on the Overview page, then click on view usage. On the next page, scroll down to Domestic Data used.   Your usage will be shown there in kilobytes.

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

bosslady85 wrote:

To view your mobile hotspot usage, you will need to click on the Data usage tab on the Overview page, then click on view usage. On the next page, scroll down to Domestic Data used.   Your usage will be shown there in kilobytes.

Natavia
Verizon Wireless
Area Operations

This brings up a related point I was going to call about - but others may be interested too... Particularly if it gives us a way to monitor Hotspot data usage from our phone rather than a laptop...

From the faq on "MyVerizon Handset":

-----

What is My Verizon handset?

My Verizon Handset makes self-serve easier and more convenient than ever before. It allows postpay customers (Account Owner and end users who have been authorized to access these functions) to access self-serve functionality directly from a compatible handset. My Verizon Handset provides the following functions:

• Check Balance.
  • Check Usage: Minutes, Messages and KBU (Data).
  • Make Payments, Manage Payment Accounts, and Review Last 5 Payments.
  • View current Plan and Features.
  • Change Voice Mail Password.
  • Activate and Manage Friends & Family.

You can use My Verizon Handset free of charge -- you will not incur any airtime or megabyte charges when you use My Verizon Handset in the National Enhanced Service Area.

-----

Is this available to Verizon Palm Pre Plus/Pixi users? (Noting the line about compatible handset)...

If so is there some kind of "HowTo" available to use it?

TIA

-=dave=-

0 Likes
bosslady85

Try typing in  www.vzw.com in your web browser, then go to My Account and sign in there.   There is not a preloaded My Account application on the phone.

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

bosslady85 wrote:

Try typing in  www.vzw.com in your web browser, then go to My Account and sign in there.   There is not a preloaded My Account application on the phone.

Natavia
Verizon Wireless
Area Operations

I am keenly aware there was nothing preloaded on my phone, that is why I asked... :smileyhappy: I was hoping though.  I guess you have actually tried using the Palm browser, going to www.vzw.com, logging in and navigating a MyVerizon account with one of these? Granted I'm old and slow - but I just gave it a shot - it only took me 15 minutes, (of course I gave up trying to find a link to MyVerizon on the opening page, went to the site map and that finally got me to the login page (which I bookmarked).  I *was* eventually able to do exactly what you said but.... let's just say the new design isn't mobile friendly in my opinion.

Maybe one of these days Verizon will develop a mobile friendly site for this instead of the Handset that is unavailable to us? - unfortunately when I try http://m.vzw.com - Bing jumps in and takes me to something I don't believe is correct.

Ah well - nice try dave...... :smileyhappy:

I'll try to stay positive and keep hoping.

Edited:  In fairness I wanted to come back in here and point out that I just tried logging into MyVerizon account from my notebook computer using the latest FireFox browser and from there was able to see that for some reason loading "wbillpay" from VerizonWireless is *very* slow today - that explains a great part of why it took so long to do it with my Palm browser as described above.  Hopefully it is just in my area.  The rest about a mobile friendly Verizon web site still applies.

0 Likes
jamy17

Is there a delay for when the data usage will appear on the website?  I used my hotspot lastnight and nothing is shown under domestic usage.... any help here? 

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

Yep, it seems to be running a little faster today, but when I check data usage (including domestic) the report stops on the 19th - today is the 21st. That won't help me check "current data usage" via mobile Hotspot if the report is going to be 2 days old?

Not sure I understand how this helps - possibly I am doing something wrong?

As a follow-up, I watched a couple of (useless) youtube videos on my phone - re-logged into MyVerizon and it still shows results for two days ago.

Learned from a thread elsewhere I tried dialing #3282 (think #DATA) and did receive a text message as a result - but it only contained up-to-date data on text messages sent/received - nothing on what I was hoping to find.  Again, I must be doing something wrong here...

0 Likes