Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palm Pre Plus Broadband vs Pantech modem
IzzyRnD

Considering a Pre Plus for features and WiFi broadband capability replacing older phone and Pantech 175 modem for internet connection. Question is does the Palm Pre Plus in WiFi/data mode send and receive data at same speeds of the Pantech modem?

0 Likes
Re: Palm Pre Plus Broadband vs Pantech modem
Jody132

I just did the exact situation your explaining. Got away from my pantech 175 because I upgraded my phone to the Palm Pre Plus. I'd love to be able to answer your question... but unfortunately I'm still not able to get my laptop to work with the Pre Plus after two weeks. Still searching for someone to be able to resolve why it won't work... at all??? I would verify from the store that your phone works in conjuction with whatever device you used the pantech with prior to leaving, just to ensure your getting what you want. Good luck!

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

Jody, you didn't say what Operating System you have on your notebook.  If it is Windows XP - the following has been recommended to multiple XP users in this particular forum to update their system to "WiFi Protected Access 2" (WPA2):

Your PC may have WEP.  You might need the newer WPA2.

Try this update:

Update for Windows XP (KB893357)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa milyID=662bb74d-e7c1-48d6-95ee-1459234f4483&displ...

This update to Windows XP provides support for Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2), which is the latest standards-based wireless security solution derived from the IEEE 802.11i standard.

0 Likes
Jody132

Yes... I did on the other post I originated. It's Vista, and it still isn't working.

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

Ayup - just saw your response for the first time (thought you had missed my post on the 21st). Sorry I was off track and good luck with your Vista problem.

0 Likes