Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palm Pre Plus Gone now what???
beckygood

I have a palm pre plus, have had it  about 10 months, and for the most part have had no problems, but now it shuts down when I close the keyboard.  Also been shutting down in the middle of the night, and this is a problem because I use it as an alarm, and for no reason, it just shuts off.  I know that its still under warranty, but I have noticed that Verizon no longer sells this phone, and I am not really wild about a referb seeing after reading multiple posts that ppl are going through 3 and 4 phones with similar problems.  I have free hotspot with this phone and because I rely on this feature, I really am afraid to do anything because I do not want to pay more, I already have 5 phones on my account. Any suggestions???

0 Likes
Re: Palm Pre Plus Gone now what???
SydneyK

I don't know how you feel about this, but you could ask for a Pixi Plus instead and keep your free mobile hotspot. I know, it's a downgrade in memory and processing speed; however, I don't read about quite as many replacements. 

Re: the alarm, I set it every night to "Ring Once" when my alarm stopped going off, and that took care of the problem. But if your phone is shutting down completely, that probably won't help you.

Since you are currently under contract, you should be able to upgrade at month 12, since it sounds like you're the primary line. Annual upgrades are being phased out for new contracts, but you should be able to use yours. Maybe there will be a shiny new Pre 2 out by then (no idea if MHS will still be free though). 

0 Likes
beckygood

I guess I am not really wild about the palm pixi, I did look at them as I was shopping for a smart phone, and did not like the buttons on the face of the phone, and I guess I do not want to downgrade, as you said, slower and not as much memory.. Maybe I will hold out to get pre2 I really love my phone, just not liking the problems that seem to be getting worse. Thanks for your suggestion.

0 Likes
MDsmartphone

All carriers keep a stockpile of phones even after they discontinue them.  When they offer to send you a referbished one, ask for a new model. 

0 Likes
steveanderson13

I would at least try to solve the shutdown problem, especially at night, since something may work and it might save you a lot of trouble.  The keyboard may be a physical problem.  Any looseness with the batteries?  I've read that problem with the Devour.  Going from my feeble memory, the person took the cover off, held the batty in place with his fingers, turned the phone battery side down, then twisted his fingers to see if there is any play at all in the batttery.  Since there was, he inserted a paper shim to tighten it.  That eliminated his problem.  and it quit rebooting.  

Does it get hot?  If it is ever more than warm (wi fi and poor signal or heavy download (high demand)), something is wrong with it.  Failing that, you may wish to turn off data/wi fiwhen you go to bed if you are able to schedule your backup at another time.  Airplane mode may be helpful if you don't need phone/data then.

Also, I assume the battery is not old and is performing normally.

0 Likes