Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palm Pre Plus Hotspot
evancescence112

I orginally thought that you paid $30 for the data plan and that also covered the cost of the Hotspot app. But Ive been swimming around and I have read that there is a monthly fee of $40 for this hotspot app. So, is the Mobile hotspot app covered by the $30 monthly data plan? or do I have to pay that AND  an additional $40 for the app?

0 Likes
Re: Palm Pre Plus Hotspot
wushu2004
Novice

When I got my Pixi Plus a few weeks ago, I was told that mobile hotspot is free.

0 Likes
MorganB

A promotion went into effect on 04/01/2010. In conjunction with discounted device pricing, VZW will offer 3G Mobile Hotspot for free (a savings of $40 every month).

The Verizon Wireless 3G Mobile Hotspot feature, which includes a 5GB (Gigabyte) monthly allowance for no additional monthly charge, is needed to use the Palm Mobile Hotspot application.

• Any usage above the 5GB monthly allowance will be billed at a per-MB (Megabyte) rate.
  • This feature is separate from the Smartphone data feature. When the Smartphone is connected using Mobile Hotspot, all data sent or received by the Smartphone (including data sent or received by any Wi-Fi devices connected to it, or by your Smartphone itself) will be billed according to your 3G Mobile Hotspot feature, and not according to your Smartphone data feature.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
JoeSax

Hi Morgan,

I'm trying to get the final word on tethering a Palm Pre to a USB port on either a laptop to Cradle Point Wireless Router which is designed to accept a USB wireless laptop card. Is there anyway to hard wire (tether) this phone to a USB port? If not what is the next best phone that Verizon offers that comes close to the free service that's being offered with the Palm Pre?

Thx,

Joe

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

JoeSax wrote:

Hi Morgan,

I'm trying to get the final word on tethering a Palm Pre to a USB port on either a laptop to Cradle Point Wireless Router which is designed to accept a USB wireless laptop card. Is there anyway to hard wire (tether) this phone to a USB port? If not what is the next best phone that Verizon offers that comes close to the free service that's being offered with the Palm Pre?

Thx,

Joe

Why would you want the hassle of the USB, The Palm Pre Plus is a WIFI router and Modem in itself, it will run more than one WIFI device at a time. If you don't have WIFI on your laptop, USB WIFI dongles are cheap. In my opinion the Pre is the best deal going and the best OS hands down. 

0 Likes
wushu2004
Novice

If you really wanted to, you can go to {Keep it Legal} and read through ways to do so.

0 Likes
jaymobe07

USB tethering is usefull to those that don't have a wireless card.

A program called {Keep it Legal} allows for usb tethering, along with blutooth and wifi.  Originally designed for sprint but still works on the pre plus.  You can get version 1.5.1 for free thorugh the process in the guid below.  It does not allow for wifi however but you have the mobile hotspot for wifi.  Follow the instructions and you will have it in no time.  Just the phone needs restarted everytime you want usb tether through.

You need, webOS SDK which can be aquired at {Keep it Legal}.  You will also need the USBNET driver which can be acquired.

Finally, {Keep it Legal}  Follow it step by step and you will be good.  Worked for me and I'm tethering via usb now.

0 Likes
jaymobe07

wow...i didn't even post this in the correct topic lmao.

fail. Nevermind, i'm confusing myself.

0 Likes