Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palm Pre Plus text message alert
yukiee

Hello. I have a question about the text message alert. Is there any way to have a sound or vibrate alert when a text message comes in WITHOUT having that message appear on the bottom of the screen? I want to be notified when I receive a text but don't want it's content displayed on the front screen. So far, no matter what I've tired, I get all or nothing. Does anyone have any info about this? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Palm Pre Plus text message alert
MacDaddy
Novice

yukiee wrote:

Hello. I have a question about the text message alert. Is there any way to have a sound or vibrate alert when a text message comes in WITHOUT having that message appear on the bottom of the screen? I want to be notified when I receive a text but don't want it's content displayed on the front screen. So far, no matter what I've tired, I get all or nothing. Does anyone have any info about this? Thanks!

Thats the way WebOs does Notifications, Can't change that, just the Vibrate and Sound.

0 Likes
Re: Palm Pre Plus text message alert
yukiee

Thanks for your response. I really do like this phone a lot. I just wish I could get an alert sound when a text arrives without the content of that text showing up on the gesture area of the screen. Oh well...can't have everything I guess!

0 Likes