Am moving from Palm Treo 700p to Samsung Fascinate but my contacts did not transfer with all I had in the Treo.
Also, no idea how to get a calendar I can use like the Palm - don't like the Fascinate.
And, how do I get my memos from Palm to the Droid? Do I have to re-enter one by one?
And then, how do I get documents stored from PC into the Droid? Actually, all Palm Treo data is on PC, so how do I transfer picture, too. The guys at Verizon did not know any of these answers. One of them said something about 'getting them in by Google,' but am not sure what he meant.
I am also lost without a desktop view of what is on the Fascinate - it also appears that only the contacts are in backup assistant. Is that correct? HELP!
Try these steps to connect the device to the PC:
1. Insert the USB cable into your Samsung Fascinate and connect it to a USB on your PC's USB Port .
2. Once you attach the Samsung Fascinate to the PC with a USB cable. Your PC recognizes the connection and displays USB logo connected in the Annunciator Line and Notifications Panel.
3. Pull down the Notification Panel, then touch USB connected.
4. At the prompt, touch Mount to connect your to the PC to copy files.
5. At this point you can go into your PC My Computer and add the files to the folder for the Samsung Fascinate from the Palm device. The files may need to be converted to a different format. This folder may vary depending on the phone. Once you have transferred the files, you can Un-mount the device, and disconnect the cable then you should be able to access the transferred files on the Samsumg Fascinate.
Documents may require that you download an application from the Android Market Place to view.
You would have to add the Calendar to the device by going to the Calendar Application on the device, then adding a new Calendar.
If the contacts are backed up using the Backup Assistant Application, you can just download the application to the new device to restore the contacts.
Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar for more information about Backup Assistant.