Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palm data plan needed?
locutus90

I have been thinking about picking up an old Palm Treo 700w or 700wx (or possibly something running Palm OS), but have a quick question about needing a data plan.  On the current family plan data is $2/MB, which I don't use anyway.  I used to have an XV6700 WinMobile phone that did not need an expensive data plan and was able to run with that, once again, didn't actually use the data portion. 

For the Palm Treo 700-series devices, is one of the high end expensive data plans necessary?  Or can I run it without having to use data all the time?  I am pretty sure with the older devices a high end data plan was not required but just want to check. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Palm data plan needed?
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

The Palm Pixi Plus requires the $29.99 unlimited data plan.

Thanks

John B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole

Hi.  I understand that you have questions regarding needing a data plan on the Palm Treo 700 and I can certainly answer that for you.  Yes, you are correct!  A data package was not required for that particular phone so you will still not be required to get one if you get that particular phone.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.   :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you don't need a data plan for a phone that was purchased when it wasn't required, why won't they let me use my Palm Centro without a data plan?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne

sjhanni wrote:

If you don't need a data plan for a phone that was purchased when it wasn't required, why won't they let me use my Palm Centro without a data plan?

Palm Centro does NOT require a data plan. Smart phones released prior to 11-14-2008 do not require a data plan. How are you trying to activate the Centro?  If you are trying to activate it online then you'll most likely be prompted to add a data plan. I have seen other users with that problem. You will have to call customer care directly instead. If the rep still insists you need a data plan mention that smart phones released before 11-14-2008 don't require a data plan, 

0 Likes
me15

Does the palm pixi plus require a data plan?

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

The Palm Pixi Plus requires the $29.99 unlimited data plan.

Thanks

John B

0 Likes