Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palm pre overheating?
sokolhohne

I just got my palm pre last night.

When it's plugged in, its gets really hot.

And it stays that way for a while after I unplug it.

Is there something wrong with my phone? Or is that normal? 😕

And if there is something wrong, what do I do?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Palm pre overheating?
MacDaddy
Novice

sokolhohne wrote:

I just got my palm pre last night.

When it's plugged in, its gets really hot.

And it stays that way for a while after I unplug it.

Is there something wrong with my phone? Or is that normal? 😕

And if there is something wrong, what do I do?

Getting Warm and Really Hot are two different things. Is the phone uncomfortable to hold or just warm to the touch? It will get warm to the touch while charging, which is typical for most phones. The Pre is a little warmer than most but nothing to worry about. Your pouring juice into the battery so it's gonna heat up a little. As long as the phone works fine and cools down after 100% charge you have no problems.

0 Likes
Re: Palm pre overheating?
MDsmartphone

When you first purchase and activate the palm pre plus, the phone will continually "sync" data, including your newly created palm profile, your contacts with various services including google, yahoo, etc, and calender entries.  as a consequence the phone will seem to get very hot, and the battery life will seem abysmal. I had this same problem when I first purchased the phone, even after thinking I might have a defective battery and exchanging it, but the same problem recurred.

HOWEVER, after about 5-7 days, maybe sooner depending on the number of contacts and other background data you have, the syncing profile completes and the phone will never over heat again except in data intensive and cpu taxing programs like the many great 3d games available in the app catalog, or if you are in a low 3G and cellphone reception area.  apparently this is a common theme among data intensive devices such as smartphones.

Right now, I am able to get thru a 12-15 hour day still with battery available, sometimes longer, and only have a problem with "heating" when I am enjoying 3D games such as need for speed.

just as an FYI, for some reason, yahoo contacts and calender seem to be more taxing on the battery, so I switched everything to google with GREAT improvements in battery life.

Hope this helps.

You may want to visit precentral.net and webOSroundup for additional tips on overheating and battery life.

0 Likes