Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palm pre plus?
MANNY921

I want a palm pre but I would like to know if there's a problem that would come up later or if there's a problem with it now that I should know about. ANY PRE users I really want some HELP!!!!

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Palm pre plus?
TheGreatOne

MANNY921 wrote:

I want a palm pre but I would like to know if there's a problem that would come up later or if there's a problem with it now that I should know about. ANY PRE users I really want some HELP!!!!

This might be some help-->Reviews Pre Plus

0 Likes
supitsmike

If there were a webOS systems section here, I would have posted done my research, taken the devices and made another 101 thread.

Regardless you should know that every phone has it's faultys and the webOS isn't any different. I know that the processor is faster than the Sprint cousin, and I know it has plenty more internal memory. But that's all I can recall right now, the Card system as far as I know works the same way.

0 Likes
MANNY921

Does anyone know what the 1.4 update will bring? besides the video recording and the battery life. will it also bring voicerecording and or voiece dailing?

0 Likes
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Have you took out the time to handle the phone in your hands, unless size isnt a issue.. I say this because my boss decided on the Sprint version and he was disatified because the phone was smaller than it appears in advertisment. and I seen the unit as well and the heyboard was rather small and was a little strange to type on.

Just figured that I would bring this up...This may not be the case on this unit because I havent seen it up close and personal but if it follows the original this is something you might want to investigate.

0 Likes
blackdognorth

It seems to have a lot going for it.  It's certainly better on Verizon that it was on Sprint.  the display is supposed to be good.  The apps "flashcord" format is supposed to be good.  the kyeboard is supposed to be pretty good even if so small although not as good as a BB (bold 9700 for instance). Supposedly on this version the slide action is better and they eliminated the sharp "cheese cutter" edges.  Apps are a bit few and far between right now.  It is pretty small.  Overally it seems to be cool but a bit on the petite and "chicky" side of things.  It's definitely the opposite of Droid!  the wireless hotspot thing is cute if youdo a lot of business.  if you travelled as a team, with some other copywriters or business execs, and you wanted to plot down at a restaurant table or hotel room and start working with on-line access, this is an interesting approach.  Wifi's up to five devices including printers, etc.  But it's $40 per month on top of your data plan from Verizon, so it aint for the casual user.

there are many good reviews on line.  google.  then go try it out at a V store.

0 Likes
mbp
I switched from Sprint's Pre and currently have the Pre Plus. Overall it is pretty much the same -- apps seem to load a bit quicker for me I don't have the oreo/slider loose effect on this one and the keyboard sort of clicks on the Pre Plus whereas the Sprint one is kind of just mushy and spaced out. I do prefer the Pre Plus keyboard over the Pre's keyboard myself. Also the Pre Plus does not have the LED "ball" button which imo was kind of useless anyways. Other differences: The Pre Plus has more storage and usable memory vs the Sprint Pre. Pre Plus has the touchstone back cover. There is one major con for me and it is the GPS capability for Google Maps on the Pre Plus it does not work without certain workarounds if you DON'T subscribe to VZ Navigator. Google this issue to find out more information on it. Some users are reporting double keyboard entries and issues of that sort with their Pre Plus phones. It has a growing app catalog, but like all platforms it will take some time to get to a larger level. Overall I love the webOS so far, I would still recommend the phone even with the cons.
0 Likes
MrHyde

If you guys want the latest info regarding the Palm Pre and Pre+ visit

precentral.net

Have fun

0 Likes