Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PalmPrePlus Shutting Down Spontaneously
ASBOSTON

Is anyone else's Palm Pre Plus shutting down at different times throughout the day? I am really annoyed by this as it takes several minutes for it to restart. Is there any way I am causing this to shut down myself?

0 Likes
Re: PalmPrePlus Shutting Down Spontaneously
Bomber13

The same thing keeps happening to me.  I have read about this on a few other forums but no seems to have any solutions other than to return it for another.  If anyone knows of any other solutions please tell.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne

Seems to be a common problem-->Pre Plus Shutting Off Randomly

0 Likes
Rstevens812

Mine does this all the time and I just got it about 2 weeks ago. I need to take it back. I would say it shuts down about 3-5 times a day. It's so annoying. 

0 Likes
Mikebluv

my phone does the same thing and in order to fix it i have to remove battery. Today in the morning it shut off and wouldn't turn on until i removed the battery for 5 minutes

0 Likes
ASBOSTON

I also got my phone about two weeks ago. I guess I will bring it back to the store; hopefully I wont get another one that does the same. Why is this happening ?

0 Likes
kmend

I find if I slowly slid my phone shut it doesn’t turn off.   Like it did when I first got it. 

0 Likes
bill5246

Same thing happened to me.  Told VZW about it, and tech support immediately identified it as hardware problem. They told  me to take it back and swap it for a new pre plus.  I've had the new phone for several days now, and there haven't been any "spontaneous shut-downs".  Most likely a bad batch of pre plusses got past their quality control with a hardware problem. swap the phone for a new one and you should be fine.

0 Likes