Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pre 2 WebOS Version 2.1 Update Still Not Out?
leeosenton

I am starting a new thread on this because the others are marked as solved, but I dont believe the issue is fixed. I just renewed my contract and got a new Pre 2. The phone arrived with WebOS 2.0.1 and the often reported html email bug (I cannot see the content of email messages that are html formatted). I have hit system update repeatedly and been to the VZ store: no updates or solution available.

In my mind this issue can only be marked resolved by one of the following:

1. WebOS Version 2.1 being released to all Pre 2 users
  2. A official statement that an update will not be released

If option 2 is the answer, when can we expect fixes for the documented problems in version 2.0.1? This is my first post and my apologies to those that are sick of this complaint.

Lee

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Pre 2 WebOS Version 2.1 Update Still Not Out?
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi leeosenton,

Great News! We have officially announced a Software Update, which is being released in stages.  Historically, this process takes about a week to complete.  I am hopeful the update will resolve your issue.  Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzwuser1993

Am I being overly optimistic that VZW will upgrade their Pre 2 customers to Pre 3 when it comes out, since webos 2.1 has NOT been rolled out?  I have called numerous times to Tech Support and the range of answers have been that

• Palm is responsible for doing the upgrade; or
  • VZW know nothing about an upgrade; or
  • VZW has tested upgrade and does not feel that it is stable enough to pass out to customers.

I'm not sure what to do at this juncture.  I have spoken with Palm Tier 3 support several times for my sync problems with contacts and calendar and they have tried several avenues to correct and the bottom line is that with each solution I have to wipe device and reinstall and nothing is working. 

I guess this is what becomes of a solid customer for almost 20 yrs.  VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH VZW!!!  This looks like the time to look around for another provider.

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi leeosenton,

Great News! We have officially announced a Software Update, which is being released in stages.  Historically, this process takes about a week to complete.  I am hopeful the update will resolve your issue.  Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BBooDoc

Sure good to hear it is coming out, as there is lots of apps that require 2.1 and up.   Sure hoping it comes soon!

AyaniB_VZW wrote:

Hi leeosenton,

0 Likes
leeosenton

Thank you, Ayani. The update installed this morning without any problems. It looks great so far. Thanks again,

Lee

0 Likes