Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Pre 2 pricing fiasco
stratman2525

This is crazy. HP is now offering the Pre 2 for free with a Verizon contract. Verizon sells the Pre 2 for $149. I'm due for an upgrade from Verizon. But now it makes sense to cancel my Verizon account, get the Pre 2 for free from HP and sign a new contract with Verizon through HP. Why can't Verizon match HP's price? Seems unfair if you ask me.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Pre 2 pricing fiasco
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Adding to what was stated, sometimes a third party vendor and authorized dealers can be independent offering some special promotions related to their marketing concerns as to why a phone could be free or at a lower price.  Please compare all the options available for before purchasing and upgrading your device based on your wireless needs.

Thank you,

edw@vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pre119

i hear where your coming from, but its basically the same as a independant "verizon authorized" reseller selling it for what every price they want.

Edit: now where is the 2.1 upgrade

0 Likes
Jax_Omen
I don't see where the "fiasco" is... this is business as usual. Third parties have always sold phones cheaper than Verizon itself... who would buy from a third party when their actual provider is cheaper?
0 Likes
stratman2525

But HP is hardly a third party. They make the Pre 2. Today I went to several Verizon stores and was told they don't carry it and "why don't I buy a Droid instead." Geez....

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Not really...  HP gets commissions for selling the plan just like any 3rd party retailer.  They take that commission and drop the price of the device.  Also I bet there's some stipulation in there that if you cancel your contract before 6 months they'll charge you full retail, and also charge you extra for the commissions they lost.

Just look at Wirefly, and Let's talk for example and read their Terms.

0 Likes
Jax_Omen
HP is third-party because they are not your wireless carrier. Simple as that.
0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Adding to what was stated, sometimes a third party vendor and authorized dealers can be independent offering some special promotions related to their marketing concerns as to why a phone could be free or at a lower price.  Please compare all the options available for before purchasing and upgrading your device based on your wireless needs.

Thank you,

edw@vzwsupport

0 Likes