Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pre Plus - Email notification settings and Changing Txt Alert Sound?
Sheli1cp

It seems the options for sounds and alerts is limited.  Can I change the sound for the alert when I receive a new text message?  Also, can I set the phone somehow to give an audible alert when I receive a new email?

0 Likes
Re: Pre Plus - Email notification settings and Changing Txt Alert Sound?
MacDaddy
Novice

Sheli1cp wrote:

It seems the options for sounds and alerts is limited.  Can I change the sound for the alert when I receive a new text message?  Also, can I set the phone somehow to give an audible alert when I receive a new email?

Yes you can, open up the messaging app, at the top tap the email tab, select Preferences & Accounts, Under Accounts, select the email account you want to edit, under Messages select alert and you will have choices of Vibrate, sound, Mute etc.

0 Likes
Sheli1cp

Thank you!  It worked!

I'd still like to be able to change my text message alert but have only been able to change it per account, not to the same ringtone for all text mesages.  But at least I can change it per account.

If anyone knows how to change it overall, please let me know!

Thanks again!

0 Likes
CBCstillmatic

Open your Messaging app then select Preferences & Accounts. From there look where it says System Sound. Tap there and select Ring Tone and the next screen will allow you to choose any ring tone you want to use. There are a few small ones that would work or you can make your own, but thats the only way I have seen to change it.

Thoughwhat had me confused at first is when you select System Sounds you see the word ALERT with a down arrow next to it which lead me to believe I could choose different alerts but that is not the case. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
BobHope

One thing that really bugs me with my new Palm Pre Plus is that when I get a text message or voicemail, if I don't hear it the first time, it does not notify you a second time.  It would be nice if it would beep or something every 2 or 3 minutes until it is checked.

Thoughts on making that happen?

Thanks

0 Likes