Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pre Plus synching with Palm Desktop
Dawg

I have hundreds of contacts and calender entries in my Palm Desktop. And I keep those entries sync'd with an office and a home desktop. (presently have a Treo 700p) I've tried to research whether I'll be able to continue using and synching the Pre Plus with my Palm Desktops. The answers have been all over the place including using Echo and PocketMirror to change over to Outlook and possibly also using a cloud. Does anyone have any info on whether or not the Plus installation CD will have an app to just let me keep synching with my Palm Desktop. Are there any other apps that wiil allow this. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Pre Plus synching with Palm Desktop
dragonladytls

I would like the answer to this question also.  I have a Palm Lifedrive PDA and have been trying to find an upgrade for it as it is dying. 

The Palm Pre Plus is what I have decided to buy and know that I have to get the Classic program to get my existing programs to run on the new phone but can I still use my Palm desktop program to sync with my old data? 

If not, can I use Bluetooth to transfer the data from the PDA to the phone?  I don't want to start over with all my data or hand type it into something else to get it on the phone.

0 Likes
longshoreman

dragonladytls wrote:

I would like the answer to this question also.  I have a Palm Lifedrive PDA and have been trying to find an upgrade for it as it is dying. 

The Palm Pre Plus is what I have decided to buy and know that I have to get the Classic program to get my existing programs to run on the new phone but can I still use my Palm desktop program to sync with my old data? 

If not, can I use Bluetooth to transfer the data from the PDA to the phone?  I don't want to start over with all my data or hand type it into something else to get it on the phone.

Bad news everyone...the Pre does not come with an installation CD.  I got my Pre Monday and there is no installation CD.  You will get an email, when you register your Palm Pre,

0 Likes
MrHyde

No one really answered this question.  there are downloadable Apps ($$) that will let you sync directly with Outlook.  I'm not sure about Syncing with Palm Desktop.

Here is what I did. 

Transfered all my Palm Desktop stuff to Outlook.  I opened a Google account (gmail, calendar, contacts). Used the google sync apps to transfer my data to Google.  The calendar app alows for two way Sync.

After starting up the Pre+, I linked to my Google account.  All my calendar info and contacts were transfered to my Pre+.

Since the google calendar was set for two way sync, when I add something to my phone it updates OUtlook on my PC via the google calendar sync and vice versa.

Try checking the forums at Precentral.net if you need a solution to sync directly with Palm Desktop.  I believe there is a new app that will allow you to do that but I just dont remember.

0 Likes
jandrewcol

I don't have a Pre but I have been looking at getting one. I am currently in the same situation. I have a Palm Centro with a lot of contacts.

Here is a link I found on Palm Support that might help

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/pre/migration/index.html

Also check out an app called Echo. It is supposed to still allow syncing with Palm Desktop.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/software/mobile-applications.html

Good Luck

0 Likes
jandrewcol

CompanionLink for WebOS is also another option.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/software/sync.html

0 Likes
rune

I have 2 new palm pre and am using the companionlink with USB and it seems to work pretty much like the old sync I had on Palm Centro

0 Likes