Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pre Plus was all and more...
gummie_bear_luv

I have wanted a Pre since I saw it from Sprint. I even considered canceling one of our lines, letting another family member have mine so that I could go to Sprint.

So, when I heard that Verizon was going to be getting it, I was thrilled. I always look into customer product reviews before I get anything. And, I was really surprised to see all the negative ones. It made me a little apprehensive.

When our account was still Alltel, I had bought my very first smartphone, a Motorola Q10. I loved it. But, when the official change to Verizon happened...it didn't work properly anymore. Verizon replaced it, but as we all know-you get the phone one step below. I ended up with an HTC Ozone. Hated every minute of it. I would lose text messages that were saved if the phone got "confused", pictures would go **bleep**...there was even one night I was talking to a friend through text....everyone in my contacts that had a smartphone got all the messages! The other day, I had it plugged in for charging...it caught on fire! I had always heard that cell phones could do. But, I have never seen it, or had met anyone that it happened to.

I got online, and got myself a Palm Pre Plus. Hoping against hope that all the negative reviews were just from Verizon haters who would let it be known to all who asked, and didn't, that the phone sucked. (Not being a big Verizon fan because of all the crap that happened with the Alltel buy-out...I normally made my presence known at the store!)

I knew the battery wouldn't last long...it doesn't. LoL! But, other than that....I am so in love with this phone. I think it's a phone that comes from a company that takes pride in giving consumers the best they have to offer. And they make them to stand the time. I have several chronic medical conditions. Epilepsy, fibro, and Celiac. One thing that I love about Palm is that they joined up with Celiac.com to have an app that translates what Celiac is, and what kinds of food I HAVE to avoid to keep my body from attacking itself. Considering most people don't know what Celiac is, I was EXTREMELY surprised and happy to see that.

I was a little worried with the touch screen, because I have heard that a lot of touch screens can get cracked or messed up easy...and leaves you with a phone that won't work properly.  But, after getting the phone, it took me all of 20 minutes to realize that a touch screen was just what I needed. Because of my medical conditions, I have slight tremors-some from meds, others because of the actual condition itself. Since me hands don't always stay steady enough to work a keyboard for every action that I do, I was limited in my use of previous phones. Having the majority of the uses on this phone controlled by touch screen has made all the difference in the world!

I am so thankful that I didn't let the negative reviews keep me from getting the Pre Plus. I would highly recommend it to anyone who asks. I would also recommend that they get a second battery. LoL!

0 Likes
Re: Pre Plus was all and more...
SydneyK

Welcome to the boards. And congrats on finding the right phone for you!

There is something about the Pre Plus that I just LOVE. Every time I walk into a Verizon store, I have to pick it up and play with it. WebOS is just so ... gorgeous! And underrated!

I'm thinking of picking up a Palm device myself, simply because WebOS is one platform I haven't tried. For some reason, the Pixi is calling to me ... it's so tiny and light. I have no problem with the smaller screen, but wonder about the slower processor.

Thanks for your review and enjoy your Pre Plus. Keep us posted on all the cool things you discover.

0 Likes
iphonejunkie3

Great review.  Coming from an active iPhone user who has experienced some less than satisfying alternatives  to the iPhone, I think you are right-on regarding the Pre Plus.  In fact, I am in the process of switching from Storm to a Pre Plus in the next couple of days.  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

iphonejunkie3 wrote:

Great review.  Coming from an active iPhone user who has experienced some less than satisfying alternatives  to the iPhone, I think you are right-on regarding the Pre Plus.  In fact, I am in the process of switching from Storm to a Pre Plus in the next couple of days.  :smileyvery-happy:

Hold off for a while, Pickup the Pre2, Better Hardware, 1ghz and glass screen, but same form factor.

0 Likes