Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
So tell me how you feel now...
supitsmike

Knowing that you guys get a free Wireless Hotspot service for your phone?

:<

/bitterness

0 Likes
Re: So tell me how you feel now...
MacDaddy
Novice

There's going to be a lot of Blackberry Business phone owners going to say Bye Bye to the Berry. The pre mail is just as good, I should know I had 2 Blackberry's. I can now use my wifi netbook anywhere there's a 3G signal, what could be better. The Palm Pre Plus is a fantastic phone in my opinion.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne

supitsmike wrote:

Knowing that you guys get a free Wireless Hotspot service for your phone?

:<

/bitterness

Is this only available for Verizon customers?  I am on T-mobile and do have the option to get Wireless Hospot, but have to pay for it.

0 Likes
Spatackle

As far as I know, Verizon is offering the free Mobile Hotspot feature to new activations and upgrades.  So it's a VZW promo not a Palm promo.  Could always port over!

0 Likes
MorganB

VZW is offering 3G Mobile Hotspot for free (a savings of $40 every month). The following applies to the offer:

• While Pre and Pixi supplies last only.
  • The Special Feature Offering will be auto-added to upgrades and new activations.
  • The existing 3G Mobile Hotspot subscribers will automatically receive the Special Feature Offering at $0.
  • The promotional offer will be available to the customer as long as the Pre or Pixi device remains active on the mobile number.

The Verizon Wireless 3G Mobile Hotspot feature, which includes a 5GB (Gigabyte) monthly allowance for no additional monthly charge, is needed to use the Palm Mobile Hotspot application. The 5GB monthly data allowance applies to all data transmitted (on handset and shared devices) while the Palm mobile hotspot application is active.

• Any usage above the 5GB monthly allowance will be billed at a per-MB (Megabyte) rate. $0.05/MB overage rate.
  • This feature is separate from the Smartphone data feature. When the Smartphone is connected using Mobile Hotspot, all data sent or received by the Smartphone (including data sent or received by any Wi-Fi devices connected to it, or by your Smartphone itself) will be billed according to your 3G Mobile Hotspot feature, and not according to your Smartphone data feature.

0 Likes
TallGuy1970

MorganB wrote:

VZW is offering 3G Mobile Hotspot for free (a savings of $40 every month). The following applies to the offer:

Interesting... Is Verizon discontinuing the Palm devices and using this as an incentive to get rid of their inventory?

0 Likes
MorganB

TallGuy1970 wrote:

MorganB wrote:

Meaning the offer will apply for the life of the phone. As long as the devices mentioned are on the Verizon Wireless line up and being offered by Verizon Wireless the offer will be applied to the account.
0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

Just a little side-note here... I had ordered/received/set up my data plan for the Verizon Palm Pre Plus prior to the subject announcement.  All I had to do was go to MyVerizon, log in, then go to the plan for my specific phone and enable mobile hotspot free of charge.  Saved the change and that functionality has now been added to my account, (did I mention "free of charge"?).. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes