Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Still no Verizon Skype for the Palm Pre Plus <sigh>
oldgeekster
Novice

I will try to maintain a positive thought here and hope that it is "in the works" and I will see it "any day now" - but seeing Verizon Skype touted for other Verizon phones yet not available for my Palm Pre Plus makes me feel like someone's ugly little cousin. Gee, maybe I missed an announcement and somebody will give a link to go download my copy of the Verizon Skype App? <rolls eyes>

Also I haven't mentioned the lack of ability to dial by voice via bluetooth yet today. :smileywink:

That isn't a Verizon specific problem - it is a PALM problem that sorely needs to be fixed ASAP!  In California, being hands free for mobile phone operation is the LAW and fumbling around poking speed dial buttons on my phone while driving is certainly not meeting the spirit of that law. <sigh> (Yeah - I have been complaining to Palm on this issue and will continue to do so until it is fixed or I get frustrated enough to change smartphones). <grump>

Truthfully, I love this little phone - and love WebOS more than the phone itself - MAN I hope this voice-related stuff gets fixed sooner rather than later. Apple is positioned to rule the world on voice-related apps, but the iPhone is not yet available to dedicated Verizon cusomers. :smileysad:

0 Likes
Re: Still no Verizon Skype for the Palm Pre Plus <sigh>
sHaY_j
Novice

We do apologize for the concerns you have about Skype mobile. Unfortunately, the Palm Pre Plus is not currently compatible with the Skype mobile app.

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

I think a clearer message is that a Verizon Skype App has yet to be written for WebOs devices.  No smartphone Operating System is built to be compatible with an App - it works in the opposite direction.  Many apps, have already been ported over to WebOS already - but the subject App has not, (yet). Is this one Open Source?

0 Likes
supitsmike

It's not so much Verizon's fault as it is Skype's fault for not creating the code for it.

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

Have a look at the promotional stuff - it is being branded as the "Verizon Skype" application - not just skype.  Who is doing the coding, danged if I know.... That is why I wanted to know if the "Verizon Skype" app code is GPL or what...?

0 Likes