Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Treo 700W - does it require a data plan ?
Doug92728

The reply in this post by Morgan in Verizon Wireless Area Operations seems to indicate that it is not.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Voice-and-Broadband-Calling/Does-HTC-Touch-require-data-plan/m-p/187145#...

Does a release date exist before which a smartphone does not require a data plan

I believe the Treo 700W was released Sept 26, 2005

0 Likes
Re: Treo 700W - does it require a data plan ?
MorganB

The Palm Treo 700W was released by Verizon Wireless January 5, 2006; therefore, the device does not require a data package when activated.

Note: Activations and upgrades to Smartphones that launched prior to 11/14/2008 do not require a data plan/feature of $29.99 or higher.

0 Likes
blb1020

Hello, I just got a Palm Treo 700w and I tried to activate it without getting the data plan and it did not work. It said I needed to have the data plan. So how do I fix that? Because I looked it up online before I got it to see if it needed it and it took me to this page.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Online, it may force you to put a data pack on it.  If so, go ahead and activate it with a data package, and after you're done with the activation, call *611 or 800-922-0204 and request either a data block, or a pay-as-you-go data package ($0.015/kb).  This request must be done manually by a customer service representative.  If you would like me to do this, please send a PM to me, and I'll give you a ring when I'm in the office to do this.  

Just for clarification, the Palm Treo 700W or WX does not require a data package, but it may force one online.  A quick call to customer service should resolve the issue.

Thanks for posting! 

0 Likes