Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Two Defected Palm Pixi Plus Phones in a Few weeks, is this normal for the Pixi?
sallycp

Verizon is my carrier and has been for 16 years going back to Air Touch days.  At the end of 2010 I received my first Palm Pixi Plus.   I was excited about the Palm Pixi Plus as for $15.00 per month I was to have 5 GB hot spot available as well as 150 MB connection to the web.  The month of Jan. 2011 I was at a market and was getting lots of interference from ATT towers.  My screen started to blank out and tapping had no effect.  I finally reactivated my old cell phone.  Back home with good Verizon coverage I reactivated the Pixi.  Now the plan had gone up to $29.99 per month but with unlimited web connection and the same 5 GB as a hot spot.  Meanwhile the blanking screen had gotten worse so Verizon sent me a "new" Pixi.  After many conversations with Verizon CS the replacement Pixi was working great as a phone, camera, connection to Internet and as a hot spot.  Working great that is for less than a week, it suddenly died. I expect the third Pixi tomorrow, Tuesday.  If I have problems with this the third Pixi, I'll go back to my old but dependable less smart phone. phone.
Question, anyone else having problems with defective Pixi phones.
Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Two Defected Palm Pixi Plus Phones in a Few weeks, is this normal for the Pixi?
sallycp

If any of the following is incorrect, please let me know, thanks.

Now that I've had my first bad experience with Verizon in the 16 years I've been a customer, I'm checking out my options.  If the third Palm Pixi is defective, here's what I understand are my options:

1.  I can keep getting replacement Palm Pixi Plus phones

1a.  Would involve down-time both for calling and computer while waiting for replacement phone

2.  I can send the Pixi back to Verizon and reactivate my old phone.  BTW it's nearly four years old and still works good unlike the two new Pixi phones that crapped out

2a.  I can drop the data package but now I'm again under a contract

2b.  I will have lost my right to an upgrade to a new phone

3.  I think I understood that I can exchange the Pixi if defective for another phone but will either:

3a.  Pay the full price of the phone

3b.  Settle for a re-conditioned phone

Hopefully the third Pixi will work and we'll live together as happily as I have with my nearly four year old non-smart phone.

The CS employees have all been very pleasant and helpful, however, I am very disappointed in the company.  I guess I didn't read the fine print, even if the "new" phone is defective and I send it back I'm punished by Verizon by being held to a new contract period and no upgrade for 18 months.  Live and learn.   BTW, I have several ecommerce carts so I really need to be able to get Online!

0 Likes
Re: Two Defected Palm Pixi Plus Phones in a Few weeks, is this normal for the Pixi?
KellyW_VZW

Hello Sallycp. Please check your private email.

Thank you.

KellyW@VZWSupport

0 Likes
sallycp

Replacement Palm Pixi Plus came today and it works so far, crossing my fingers.

0 Likes
sallycp

Third Pixi still working for the most part, now third day.  However, when I try to play a video on YouTube I successfully get to the site but when I select a video and tap on it, I get the following error message most times:

Error:

There was an error playing the file.

o I've tried going from the application

o I've tried using youtube.com

o I've tapped on a video in Facebook

I get the same error.  I did get to play a few of the popular videos, yawn, but not anything I want to watch/ listen to.

Any help is appreaciated. 

0 Likes
sallycp

After a week my third Palm Pixi Plus is working well, even YouTube works intermittently.  I'm enjoying accessing the Internet from my phone.  Today I was looking at jewelry and checked silver spot.  Silver is going up so fast that being able to check anytime is great.

So, if my Pixi continues to work as well, I'm a very, very happy camper.   BTW, I'm able to check all my ecommerce sites on the go as well, www.myneatstuff.com.

0 Likes
sallycp

Palm Pixi Plus number three bit the dust over the week-end.  Most features work except that the screen blanks out after I dial a call.  I have no way of knowing if I've hung up the phone so....I remove the back and take out the battery.  Not a convenience feature as then I have to wait for the Pixi to power up.  Now Verizon is sending me a Palm Pre Plus.  I started another thread about the Palm Pixi Plus compared to the Palm Pre Plus.  Any input is appreciated.

0 Likes