Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Universal Search problem
Drgoodbones2

Maybe I misread the documentation.

I thought "Universal search" would find anything in the phone.

Mine only searches the contact list.

I have some important items (like Jury duty) in my calendar and in me "to do" list.

Universal search will not find Jury.

Am I doing something wrong?  

Anyone else had a problem?

Or is this a defect?

Thanks.

Dave

0 Likes
Re: Universal Search problem
sHaY_j
Novice

The Universal Search is only for the contacts.

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

Actually, mine works with a little "more" than just Contacts.  If I pop open the keyboard and start typing it FIRST searches contacts, then lists applications (if any) whose names contain the letters I typed - it gives me the opportunity to launch a web search (Google, Google Maps, Twitter), it will also search my Memos App - but the original poster is correct, it will NOT currently search my Calendars/Task lists.

I very rarely use the contacts list itself to scroll down and find somebody I want to call that I don't have on speed dial - I just pop open the keyboard and start typing their name - when I get far enough to see their phone number I can just poke it with my finger and magic happens.  (Now if they, [Palm], could just get voice dialing fixed I would be a REAL happy camper).

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Novice

Drgoodbones2 wrote:

Maybe I misread the documentation.

I thought "Universal search" would find anything in the phone.

Mine only searches the contact list.

I have some important items (like Jury duty) in my calendar and in me "to do" list.

Universal search will not find Jury.

Am I doing something wrong?  

Anyone else had a problem?

Or is this a defect?

Thanks.

Dave

If your using Google, there's a program called Google Calendar Search, Free Download on the App catalog. Works great. Finds any appointment on my Pre every time (I sync Google Calendar)

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

Just downloaded Google Calendar Search, installed and it worked exactly as described.  Thank you MacDaddy, life just got a little easier. :smileywink:

0 Likes