Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Update to 1.4.1
kf4bdy

Ok. I have a question. When are we going to get the 1.4.1 software update for the Palm Pre/Pixi's?

Everyone else seems to be way ahead of Verizon. All the other major providers who deal in Palm phones are already upgraded to 1.4.1.1 and we still are using 1.4.0! 

And before you say that it is up to Palm, they have repeatedly said that they have already sent Verizon the updates and that it is Verizon holding them up. 

What gives?

Greg

0 Likes
Re: Update to 1.4.1
MacDaddy
Novice

kf4bdy wrote:

Ok. I have a question. When are we going to get the 1.4.1 software update for the Palm Pre/Pixi's?

Everyone else seems to be way ahead of Verizon. All the other major providers who deal in Palm phones are already upgraded to 1.4.1.1 and we still are using 1.4.0! 

And before you say that it is up to Palm, they have repeatedly said that they have already sent Verizon the updates and that it is Verizon holding them up. 

What gives?

Greg

Welcome to Verizon's Smartphone Dilemma. This is standard practice for Verizon, they Still haven't released the last update to the Storm 1 5.0.0.416. And probably won't even though they know their Os they have now is buggie. 416 has been out almost 5 months or more now. Just don't hold your breath for ANY FAST UPGRADES in the OS from Verizon, Not gonna Happen. You will ALWAYS be last!! I think their Software testers are incompetent myself, should never take as long as it takes them.

0 Likes
mespiff

This is total crap -- release the update all ready -- this phone has few enough apps and daily more and more of them are not being changed / updated / created for a OS that is more than a month out of date --- VERIZON GET OFF OF YOUR YOU KNOW WHAT AND RELEASE THIS UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
kf4bdy

I went to load a couple of new apps from the app store last night and they said I could not use them because it was for a newer os than the one on my phone. That really sucks!

Maybe it's time for me to migrate my family account to AT&T!

0 Likes
rwinger

Same here...  Our family (including extended family) has 3 Pre Pluses and a Pixi, all purchased this month. Three of us have GPS problems of some sort, but the one person who is on the 1 month free VZ Navigator trial has a fully functioning device. That must tell you something.

I don't know whether 1.4.1 from Verizon will fix this but I am hopeful it will. What is troubling is that the Droid Eris which has a functioning FREE and INCLUDED Google maps with navigation beta which is cheaper than the Pre Plus does not have such problems.

Even though Verizon proponents say that Verizon does not cripple smartphones (which I used to believe as well), I have started to come to the realization that this is not true. In a week, if there is no ETA on the update, we are all planning to return our devices and switch to AT&T (or maybe Sprint) at the end of the contract, which would be in a month. Thanks Verizon for pushing us over the edge...

0 Likes
kf4bdy

I feel your pain. I have a family plan with 4 phones on it. All with mobile web and such. As you can imagine, I pay a fortune each month. I am certain one of the other cellular carriers would love to have that money every month. 

But I keep holding out hope. But I may not hold out much longer. Over a month since the update went to the providers. And Verizon is the last to update....so very sad. 

Greg

0 Likes
kf4bdy

Oh and one more thing...Not a single Verizon staff person has responded to this post since I posted it a three days ago. Seems very telling to me about their lack of customer service!

Greg

0 Likes
oldgeekster
Novice

Well, I most CERTAINLY don't work for Verizon or anybody else, (except maybe my family :smileywink:), but its sure looking like the release of WebOS 1.4.1.1 to Verizon customers is imminent:

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/pre_plus.html

It may still be a while, but at least it is an indication of progress....

-=dave=-

Edited:

Forgot this - thanks to the folks over at PreCentral.net for calling it to everybody's attention:

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/pre_plus.pdf

0 Likes
MorganB

Check out my post HERE

0 Likes
kf4bdy

Except that it isn't here. Just tried the Update feature on the Pixi and it says I have the most recent version 1.4.

Big Fail!

0 Likes