Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Urgent: can't turn off call forwarding for Pre Plus
turmoil

I recently downloaded the YouView Visual Voicemail app through the palm app store. It worked alright, but in the end i decided to switch back to the standard verizon voicemail.

So, I followed the instructions on their website and I uninstalled the app from my phone, closed my YouMail account, and then called *73 on my phone and now i have my original vzw voicemail back.

The problem is that when anyone calls me now, my phone doesn't ring and their call goes right to my verizon voicemail message. My phone won't even tell me I have a missed call, just that I have new voicemail messages.

I have a ticket in with YouView right now, but i'm thinking this issue has something to do with the way my verizon account/profile or phone is configured.

I'd appreciate any help with this issue.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Urgent: can't turn off call forwarding for Pre Plus
turmoil

Just got a response from the support group at YouView:

Hi,

The *73 is Verizon's deactivation code for conditional call forwarding. Once you dialed that number from your phone, it wipes out your phone's connection to YouMail.

Please call Verizon as they may need to adjust the number of rings in your phone before your calls go to your voicemail.

0 Likes
Re: Urgent: can't turn off call forwarding for Pre Plus
KinquanaH_VZW
Verizon Employee

If you have dialed *73 to disable the call forwarding feature on your device, I recommend power cycling your phone to ensure the change was effective in our system. The directions are listed below for your convenience.

• Dial *73.
  • Press Send and wait for confirmation beeps / message.
  • Press End

After you have powered cycle the phone off and on and you continue to have the same issues, we will need to speak with you to check our system setting for your specific account.

Lastly, you can also update your phone to the network by dialing *228, send, and choosing option #2.

KinquanaH_VZW 

0 Likes